Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Silver Honda Insight
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this honda insight wanted to recondition the ima battery it runs and drives just don't know what charger i should get to recondition the batteries. I did take out the whole pack and stripped it down to the cells.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
This is for the Eli,Keith and eq1 ,they are experienced in this process.Its not as easy to do cell level and not much success. If your good with electronics and electric you can build your own charger and start with a good charge first. Document your tap levels. Use the search box. Hybrid automotive makes a nice charger that’s easy to use.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile. Thank You.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I'll check up Hybrid automotive to see how much their charger cost. I don't really know what else about the car if anything it might become something else if the hybrid is a big pain in my *** to deal with i might have to swap the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plenty to do. K24 swap . Drive with just gas. Lto conversion . Turbo. Drop me a line anytime.

Yeah my brother wanted me to do K swap but I don't have the money right now and covid-19 screwed me on this project but when i do have the money i think ill just kswap it instead. I really wanted to know how to fix the ima imbalances so in the future if i do own a newer hybrid i will have the experience to tackle the problem. In the mean time i just drive my 1998 lexus ls400.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Build your own charger for less than $100. OlRowdy01 has a simple design. I did a fully detailed and illustrated thread on building one back in March. It worked wonders for my IMA. Shouldn’t be hard to find with the search feature. I’d definitely start there before going to the trouble/labor-of-love of a full K swap.

- Park

1 - 7 of 7 Posts