Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My handle is jamesb, and I live in Richmond Virginia and am very Happy to Be joining this forum. I'm the second owner of a 2000 silver DX a/c. I think I bought mine in 2005... I remember they where still selling first gen when I bought mine. I used to enthusiastically play the keep up the high mpg game. The car was 64.- lifetime average when I bought it with 90,000 miles on it. Now after some years of non concerned driving, a free Honda battery, and years dead in the garage... I'm happy to say it's still at 60.4 lifetime. I'm at about 170,000 miles now and was almost thinking of selling with the IMA light on when my new friend and insight guru jime came out to look at it. Well low and behold. He informed me I still had a perfectly strong and serviceable car. After spending a little time with him and learning about grid charging, I'm back in Business! ... well,.. Idler pully is noisy, wet seat belt, crumbly rear view mirror, broken temp knob, rear hatch latch broken... umm. Minor details!!
my biggest concern now is how much interest my 16 year old son has in it....
Oh well, Life, and the spaceship car go on!
Yours truly, jamesb
P.S. Thank you very much jime.

·
Super Moderator
6,724 Posts
Welcome to IC. Nice to see an Insight owner regain their enthusiasm for the odd looking little gem. Keep up that grid charging, particularly if you start seeing any recals;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Welcome! I have the part to fix your rear hatch issue.

Click the link in my signature!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You Jesse. I will be ordering that part shortly. It's very cool that you and mudder before you do this.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Already have it packaged up and ready to be sent out, expect it around Monday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it last week and just put it in! So excellent to be able to easily use the hatch back again.
Thank You Jesse.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm pretty new, too. The folks here are pretty collegial and helpful. It is a small but genial community. Welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
boojum
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing