Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thank you for doing this, Eli. It's a really cool and unique contest, actually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
32mAh
Thx for fun, well thought out contest!
I figure these are super KO'd and would need a bit of R&R to get capacity up beyond 150mAh.

·
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bump. Let's see some more entries!

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
I'll go with 676 mAH

Sam

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My guess is 17 maHr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, a detail question. Say the capacity turns out to be 77 mah and you have a guess of 76 and a guess of 75. Which one wins? My guess is the earlier post, just like if you got two guesses at 77.

·
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That's a good question and definitely something I should have specified in my OP! I tried to eliminate the possibility of tie, but not sure how I didn't think of that.

Well, I originally likened it to the Price is Right. If we are using those rules, then I should have written it as "The person to guess closest to the average capacity of the two "D" size GE PermaCell NiCd batteries, without going over..". But I didn't, and I'm not sure if it's fair to add that at this point.

So in that event, we will have two winners. :)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Okay, a detail question. Say the capacity turns out to be 77 mah and you have a guess of 76 and a guess of 75. Which one wins? My guess is the earlier post, just like if you got two guesses at 77.
I totally don't get this question. If the capacity turns out to be 77 and there's a guess of 76 and a guess of 75, doesn't the 76 win - 76 is closer to 77 than 75 is??? Also, your earlier guess was "777," so is your guess 777 or now 77?

·
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh... I didn't notice that. I think he meant if the capacity turns out to be 77 and there is a guess of 76 and 78. At least, that's how I read it....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I totally don't get this question. If the capacity turns out to be 77 and there's a guess of 76 and a guess of 75, doesn't the 76 win - 76 is closer to 77 than 75 is??? Also, your earlier guess was "777," so is your guess 777 or now 77?
You are right. I messed up. Meant 76 and 78. It was late and I'm old.

As to the 77 or 777 question, I think the rules are clear on that. One guess per person. I just used 77 as an example. Of course, I'll be a bit upset if it does come in at 77. Heh. I can claim I guessed it, but lose to whoever had an "official" guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's a good question and definitely something I should have specified in my OP! I tried to eliminate the possibility of tie, but not sure how I didn't think of that.

Well, I originally likened it to the Price is Right. If we are using those rules, then I should have written it as "The person to guess closest to the average capacity of the two "D" size GE PermaCell NiCd batteries, without going over..". But I didn't, and I'm not sure if it's fair to add that at this point.

So in that event, we will have two winners. :)
You only need two winners if they are the SAME distance, right? I would think, from my example before, that if the capacity is 77 and you have a guess of 75 and one at 78 (no typos this time) that 78 would be the winner, because it was only 1 Mah off while 75 would be 2Mah off. Of course, I have no problem with doubling my chances to win either. 😉

Obviously, it's up to you Eli. I should probably shut up now. I've caused enough problems.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts