Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an invitation to go to a new owner clinic at the Waterloo Honda dealer. Needless to say, I was the only Insight driver there - they had to bring my car into the bay for show and tell!

Did anyone else's dealership do this sort of gathering or is this just some wacky Ontario thing?

Meanwhile, assuming that you did go to a meeting like this, did you find it useful? They spent most of their time explaining how the brakes work (*yawn*).

I did find out one handy tip: always drop the hood of an Insight from about chest height to make sure that it has enough momentum to actually latch properly without bending.

Heh. Who knew?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,970 Posts
car clinc

Never had a car clinic as most of the reps. are salesmen, not technicans or better yet, mechanics. NEVER NEVER drop the hood from a greater distance than one foot. If it requires a greater height, GET IT ADJUSTED. The adjustment is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resist said:
I've always just dropped it, but not from very high. No problems here.
Uh, to clarify... I'm short, so chest high isn't five feet+ off of the ground... just before you folks start thinking I'm some Insight abusing barbarian! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi List!

My dealer (Honda World in Westminster, CA) had one of those meetings too. I was also the only Insight owner. There was a Civic Hybrid owner too. The meeting was good. The head of maintenance talked with us and answered some questions. At the end, they took us to the garage area, talked with some mechs, and gave out some prizes. I do know that the dealer is trying to keep us as customers (we can now take our brand-new Hondas anywhere for maintenace so they're trying their hardest to be sincere). So far, Honda World is proving to be a good dealer. Seems like there's some good people there.

I'll drop my hood, but not at chest height. Maybe a foot or so high and seems to do the trick!

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I bought my S2000 I had the same problem of being the only owner. Thanks for the heads up. We just bought the Insight and I will take it to our new owner night so there is one to put up in the air. I am looking forward to seeing the underside and the plastic body pieces under there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts