Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Picked up a 2011 Insight LX about six weeks ago and mpg is steadily improving...first 200 miles - 41mpg....2d 200 - 43mpg...3d 200 - 45 mpg...and right now I'm right at about 46-7mpg... I have also noticed a big difference in mpg over the condition of road surfaces ... with many of ne tx roads rather rough, it definitely affects mpg ... the second i get on the smooth expwy mpg jumps up markedly
cheers.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Very cool.

Now that just goes to show if the government wants us to pollute less, fix our deteriorating roads. Less resistance, less gas needed to go forward.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mileage

I could'nt get over mid 40's all winter. I bought a used 2010 LX October last year. Just hit 13k miles on odometer and am now holding a steady 53mpg. I'm pleased.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello everyone!
Picked up a 2011 Insight LX about six weeks ago and mpg is steadily improving...first 200 miles - 41mpg....2d 200 - 43mpg...3d 200 - 45 mpg...and right now I'm right at about 46-7mpg... I have also noticed a big difference in mpg over the condition of road surfaces ... with many of ne tx roads rather rough, it definitely affects mpg ... the second i get on the smooth expwy mpg jumps up markedly
cheers.
Your experience mirrors mine with my EX. First tank 41, second 43, now 48-49. Still trying at ~4500 miles to break 50 mpg -- the current tank looks like it might be the one. With 350 miles have 52.5 on the display. Display is always a little optimistic, but I'm hoping I'll get the 50. Where are you in ne tx? I don't see many I2s around here; we may be close.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just around the corner in commerce
JB, your corner is over 100 miles away, which explains why I haven't seen you cruising around.

BTW, finally broke the 50mpg barrier for a tank, with 50.7 mpg for 452.2 miles (hand calculated). My wife set a new personal best as well with her Prius (54.8 mpg). Maybe the summer blend or warmer weather -- don't care, just happy driving by the gas stations.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Warm weather is a godsend (<--I hope this is a word) for this car... Just today MPG hit 49, the best I've seen. Just be easy on the gas, and coast a lot before red lights or traffic. I do like to get on it every now and then, turn off eco and punch it... :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just had the wind at my back and averaged almost 70mpg for a 20 mile stretch ... after 1400 miles the battery feels much stronger - more pure EV mode, longer auto/stop at lights, and stronger ev assist on hills, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing