Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hey. I'm a new owner of a 01 with a 5 spd. So far so good, I like the car. It has really made me more aware of my driving style as well as other peoples driving style as they power past me, then I see them stopped at the next light.

I'm in Mesa, Arizona. I have seen a few others in the past, but I have not seen one since I bought mine..... humm, wonder if my head is buried watching the display? :shock:

Anyone else on this list in the area?

Blue-AZ
01-5spd

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the forum Blue-AZ :!:

There are several other Phoenix regional Insighters that post from time to time. Ricky, one of the moderators is down in Glendale.

You'd better spend some more time watching traffic than playing the MPG game :!: :p

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yep me!

Just be careful with watching the display or you might almost rear end a semi stopped in front of you on I-17 just a few weeks after you got the car. :oops: I learned to pay attention more after that close call.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John & Ricky,

Getting your head out... Great advise I'm sure.

I will be sure to try and be safe. :) I'm getting much better at "feeling" the car.

Its kind of the same as flying around here, "need to get your eyes outside the cockpit to watch for traffic", as my old flight instructor would say. :wink:

Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Dale,

Congratulations on your Insight!

We live in Alabama, but I was in Phoenix earlier this month and kept my eyes open for Insight sightings. No Insights seen. I did see an orange Lotus Elise flying down the freeway (I-10, 110,101,111,???...apologies, I was in a Super Shuttle, not driving) Having never seen an Elise outside photos, it was difficult to take my eyes off it :shock: ...the car looks like an amazon poison dart frog.

Regarding your Insight, I think you will really enjoy it. Definitely stay alert to traffic around you. I've had "Papaya" close to a year and am still learning. It gets the best mpg when I try for "smooth and steady" and within reason, do as little as possible...nearly no brake, nearly no IMA, nearly no gas...just gliding along.

Regards and congrats again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts