Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2000 Insight with 136k, it's red and wonderful. A friend picked it up for me and drove from Missouri to Wisconsin to deliver it. On the last leg of the trip (Chicago to Madison), the CEL and IMA light came on (what sort of luck is that? I hadn't even seen the car in person yet!). Took it to the dealer, the IMA was toast so they replaced that plus a couple control modules--all for free :D . They also said the CEL was throwing an oxygen sensor code and that it needed to be replaced--parts=300, labor=50. Declined that service as $300 seems a little ridiculous for an oxygen sensor, and I know that I can put one in myself for far less. Now I have the car, the CEL is off and they told me to keep an eye on the light for now. Thoughts? Don't want to replace something that doesn't need it, but also don't want to risk damage to the car otherwise. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,971 Posts
Search,Search....is the answer. There is a ton of info about CEL, O2 sensors on this site. "Let your fingers do the walking."

You can get an intermittent code at times.

Willie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have done quite a bit of research on this forum, both before and after purchasing our Insight, just was hoping to hear someone's take on my particular problem. The IMA light and CEL came on together, so I am assuming it was an intermittent code or a misleading code at least and will just wait it out to see if it comes on again. Thanks, looking forward to reading more about everyone's little Insights!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts