Honda Insight Forum banner

New Owner with Engine question!

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Guest 
Chris,

Greetings from a fellow MA Insighter. I bought my 2003 new at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA, in April 2004. The first thing my husband & I noticed during my test ride was how "quiet and smooth" the engine/ride sounded----at least compared to my old '91 Honda Civic CRX si pocket rocket. However this was its first winter and I noticed it sounded a tiny bit rougher, but then again, most cars would in our cold MA weather. Also, the car was a bit noisier overall with my winter tires on (Nokian Hakkapeliita 2s). As others have already mentioned, the Insight does sound different being a 3-cylinder and all. Reving (sp?) it would of course make it sound rougher, but it shouldn't sound "rough" when stopped because the car should be quietly in "auto-idle stop".

You mentioned that your garage didn't know Insights, so you might consider taking it in for a check up and I'd recommend Boch Honda (http://www.BOCH.com) because they've done a great job so far on my car. (No, I don't work for them :) I've had it in for its first oil change (even brought my own oil & filter and told them how much to put in), had winter tires put on & taken off, and recently had its inspection. They have 55 service bays, so you don't have to make an appt.,( FYI--(781) 619-6776) but I always do anyway. They also have good hours Mon-Sat 7-9, and Sun 9-5. They're on Rt. 1 "on the Automile" in Norwood, although it might be a bit of a trip for you coming from Worcester. I live in Hull, north of Cape Cod and south of Boston, and it takes me about an hour to Boch.

You also asked if there were any other MA Insight owners. I believe there are at least 2 others ( Mike from Andover, who kindly responded to my plea about snow tires and recommended Hakka 2s in OEM size mounted on Civic CRX 14" alloy rims. Thanks Mike!!) Also Armin from Boston... You might also try checking the members section since it'll list where most people are from.

Murasaki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.