Honda Insight Forum banner

New pictures of the WhoMobile - Enjoy!

6K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  goat961 
#1 ·

See less See more
#27 ·
Thank you for that

There's nothing that gets me more fired up than having someone call me a liar. You are right. I've had beaters fall apart on me too, before. I had an Audi Fox Sieze up up 50mpg when the clutch plate came off. I also had a '67 Ranchero where I just had the tire changed and the rear wheel came off at 60mph. Of course I made them fix that. This car has been through alot and I'd like to think it is pretty much restored and then some with the paint and the rims. I'm very happy with the results.

#28 ·
Re: Thank you for that

dfiore said:
someone call me a liar.
I said no such thing. I never uttered that word. I don't insult people like that.

By the way my Dodge Shadow was "rock solid" too... even at 340,000 miles.
- Well... except for the suspension that bounced like a dune buggy.
- And the smashed hood.
- Or the rusting underside.
- And the supposedly-gasoline engine that sounded more like a diesel.
- And it tended to overheat.
- Oh, and it blew up.

But other than that. "Rock solid".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, when I asked "how is the engine?";"Any leaking oil?";"Any other age-related problems" I expected an answer like "Engine died at 220,000 and IMA replaced at 120,000."

Not "rock solid" which implies it's still near-new/no work done.

"Rock solid" is about as accurate as the Ebay Seller who advertised "mint" videogame CDs, and then mailed me a bunch of loose discs. In a floppy paper envelope. That were scratched. And didn't play. ----> And yet he still insisted it was "mint". Fortunately my credit card company disagreed and returned my $180.

Well if you think a whole new engine & IMA is "rock solid"... (shrug)... okay. Not me. I would have junked it after the engine died. Like I did with my Dodge Shadow. Or maybe sell the body to EVADC for an battery-electric conversion.

To reiterate: I am NOT calling you a liar. I think you're a nice guy. I'm just questioning the accuracy of your "rock solid" statement. I'm not attacking you, but your statement. As did Insightful Trekker when he replied: "HUH :!: :!: :? "

#29 ·
Well Troy,

Like Dan's "rock solid" statement your statement of "less than accurate where the truth is concerned" also has implications.

Such discussions are off topic in the forums. Of course some OT is allowed for the benefit of the group to understand the concepts and the generally accepted limits. And for some fun.

Now there's another word that has different meanings for different people (fun). ;) And is the crux of the matter without a definable boundry. Each "situation" must be evaluated on its merits.

Further discussion of your differences needs to be taken to PM or email.

Thanks in advance to both of you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

#30 ·
Sorry. Please don't ban me. :wink:
dfiore said:
I got the engine for $500
Where on earth did you get an engine for $500? I might like to have one.... retrofit my gas-guzzling Plymouth (25mpg) with a fuel-efficient Insight engine!!!

Although I bet the labor for engine installation is not cheap??? Probably $2000!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.