mmmmmmmmm

2008 2nd gen Insight
mmmmmmmmm
I can almost taste the technology......

·
Registered
741 Posts
I bet it only gets 40 mpg.
Why would I want something that only gets 40mpg???

I'm not racing in the Daytona 500.
I don't need speed.

I need an ultra-fuel-efficient car like the Insight, but with 4 seats.
I need a 90mpg Lupo. ;-)

Stupid idea. Probably won't sell any better than the over-priced, saves almost no gas, Accord Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Looks great. Not sure it can qualify as a 'sports car' with CVT transmission. As far as I can see from the photos it is a four seater in a 2+2 sort of way. Check out the tyres on this concept - 165/60/20 - talk about large and narrow! I might go to Geneva to check it out.

P.S. On the BBC News website, in video & written articles about the new Polo Bluemotion TDI, a Honda Manager confirms in person that a new small Honda hybrid will be out in 2009.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Its interesting enough, but it is clearly not a pre production protoype. The wheels have no place to go suspension wise, the headligts as LEDs and lack of mirrors would not meet regulations. The glass roof looks hot in more ways than one and would cost a fortune to replace.

Sadly, like the IMAS concept, there is little chance this one will see the light of day. There are some good ideas here, and I'm sure that's the reason for the concept. Perhaps they will judge the reaction of consumers to the styling.

In any case, I'm hanging on to my Insight, so it's just as well I don't get tempted.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Drawings and more drawings. Honda has become real good at "unveiling".......... drawings. We have been dealing with this on the NSX for years and now that they actually showed a real prototype car..... Honda said they changed their mind and are going back to the drawing board. Sheesh, enough already.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Still don't know much about this car.

Maybe I'm picky, but does it really need the SUV-sized bling-bling tires? Unless they are pretty narrow, I doubt this helps fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I suspect the shape is one of the only things that will be carried through to the production model, confirmed for 2009.

Delta Flyer - the tyres are the same width (165) as the existing Insight tyres but I agree 20" rims are excessive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts