Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while my insight was on the hoist getting a new e-brake assembly as per the recall i noticed it was time to tire shop.
i have been hauling some added weight in the hatch so that is the reason the inner lugs were wearing faster even with 40 psi in all 4. so what tire should i get and is 53k miles pretty good life for these tires? is there a better tire with less rollong resistance?

-philip

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Philip,
I don't think you are going to find a tire with less rolling resistance. Others have experimented with different tires - for better handling, less noise, etc. From the reports I've seen, pretty much across the board switching to anything other than the stock Bridgestone LRR tires will result in what I would consider a significant reduction in MPG. (10+ MPG).

I have about 55K miles on my original tires. I will probably need to replace them within the next 3K-5K miles - and I do 95+% highway driving with just me in the car , at 42psi - so I'd say you are probably getting right about what the tires are supposed to deliver.

Hope this helps - If anyone knows of a better tire, with better handling/less road noise - that doesn't kill the mileage - I'd LOVE to hear about them, soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is no other tire that Honda recommends you should use. Let it be known that the tire does not come in "less risistance" or normal risistance. There is no difference. I just changed my tires at 67,000 and lost 10mph it turned out to be waterey gasoline.

Keep on insighting,
Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tires

Honda will only recommend what is good for them and push their own products, naturally. i did contact michelin about lrr tires;they have stopped making tires our size. since i have been happy with the oem tires, i ordered a set. everywhere i went there was a 10 delivery period.

-philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts