Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Only other concern with the windshield is that the plastic retaining tabs on the underside of the A pillar mouldings, which hold the clips that hold them to the car, sometimes break when those mouldings are removed to replace the windshield. You might find you need to epoxy them back in place.

A new windshield is really nice to have though.
Thanks. Yes a new windshield is always amazing, nice refresh.

Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
367 Posts
...wait, I just caught something...you negotiated over the phone the price of car without actually seeing it in person?

·
Registered
367 Posts
True, blue is sick. I’m glad I have one. Silver is nice color but on a car like this I think citrus, Canada blue, blue, red (used to hate the color) look amazing. If it were silver I’d say 1500. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
That paint looks stunning! I've always wanted a blue one.
Hopefully it looks just as good in person.

...wait, I just caught something...you negotiated over the phone the price of car without actually seeing it in person?
Yeah, he was asking $3000, after doing probably 50 hours of research in the last week I kinda felt like $2500 was the right price to be fair to both buyer and seller for a car in good shape. The low miles and grid charger is a plus. The S2K wheel makes it quite appealing. Those are $450 on eBay and I'm a big fan of steering wheel swaps, done several in my time. I knew it would swap in so it was a potential future mod anyway.

I'm not into lowballing.....if I had this car I'd not take less than $2500 for it so I feel it's the right price to pay, again especially so with the S2K part. We talked on the phone almost an hour and got to know each other, he was a Honda freak, as am I, I think he felt good passing it on to someone who actually cared about the car and knew a little about it rather than someone just looking for cheap transportation.

I mean, in a way, hybrid or not, IMA or not, $2500 isn't bad for a clean car with cold A/C, especially if it's an import.

By the way. Congrats. Good job on the find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah thanks man. My job has been hell in the last year, I need a good project like this to distract me and give me something to do so I don't go crazy.

We'll see on Thursday if it is worthy. I've already set up an appointment with @Natalya to get the "hotwire" mod done, gonna head over there right after purchase, it's only a few miles away from the car coincidentally....that probably is heavily influencing this purchase.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I could have posted all if that but yeah, worth it. You’ll save that in a year. I seriously paid like 300 a month in gas cut to 80 plus 2quarts and 7500 mile interval? Excellent

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,715 Posts
If anyone's wondering, by "hotwire" he means I'm going to do a simple IMA bypass (will pull the batt out for him and hook up the wires w/ fuse) so that his 12v battery won't die.

Only other concern with the windshield is that the plastic retaining tabs on the underside of the A pillar mouldings, which hold the clips that hold them to the car, sometimes break when those mouldings are removed to replace the windshield. You might find you need to epoxy them back in place.

A new windshield is really nice to have though.
What Ecky's saying here is really important. Remind me to talk about the trim pieces when you bring the car by. Also watch Scott's videos:

Removal:

Installation:

Don't let your $200 windshield friend do this for you -- have them removed before taking it to him.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
If anyone's wondering, by "hotwire" he means I'm going to do a simple IMA bypass (will pull the batt out for him and hook up the wires w/ fuse) so that his 12v battery won't die.

What Ecky's saying here is really important. Remind me to talk about the trim pieces when you bring the car by. Also watch Scott's videos:
Thanks a bunch. Wow those videos you linked are excellent, I am so excited about joining this community and modding/fixing stuff if I get the car. You guys are really great. I'll definitely remove that stuff before the windshield install, no way the guys at the shop would do that without destroying something.

On the "hotwire" thing...if anyone has intel on this please chime in...sorry for all the newb questions...what is different between the quick IMA bypass (wires/fuse) described above and the Arduino bypass mentioned on the thread below? Do they accomplish the same thing? If the Arduino method is widely available and better I'd like to go that route. I'm assuming either makes the car able to rev past 4000rpm without draining the 12V battery...do both methods eliminate the CEL?

Thanks again you have all been so welcoming and helpful. Now I want an Insight just to be part of this community.

Here's that Arduino thread I'm talking about:

61 - 72 of 72 Posts