Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought used, 2001 MT with 11,160 miles, 40.1 LMPG, new IMA pack installed last week. any suggestions? i think i'm going to add a vacuum gage first, then the brake light regen switch, then the heated air (cat. converter) intake. any other suggestions? what device are you using to read the error codes? as i was driving home, the check engine light came on, honda dealer said the cat. converter needs replacing, on order now.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
They should last longer than that, but at least it's under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the total mileage...Is it 11,160 total
miles?... If so, why a new IMA pack and now a new converter?...
That is way low for both to go....

JoeCVT - Just your average CVY owner

·
Registered
242 Posts
cat converter

pretzleboy,

the cats are covered under the emissions warranty = 8/80. The first night I had my car I got a check engine light. The next week, I had new cats courtesy of Honda. The car only had ~52,000 miles then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the odometer said 11,160 miles when i bought it last week. the dealer had had honda replace the battery pack last week, under warrantee, due to a check engine light message. yesterday, the check engine light came on again and my honda dealer said he ordered a new cat. converter, again under warrantee. the car was first sold to someone in march 2001. it might have sat for 3 years somewhere, hence the battery failure. i hope this isn't a projection of the life of this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts