Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After struggling with Kohler and Briggs and Stratton engines for years, I finally splurged on a new Husqvarna AWD, self-propelled lawn mower with the Honda engine. (Most of their lineup comes with the Kohler or B&S engines, but a couple of their high end mowers have the Honda.)

I wanted the rechargeable mower, with Lithium ion batteries, but local vendors didn't have the one I was after, and I needed one sooner than I could have mail ordered it.

What a great machine. Starts at almost half a pull of the cord: every time! Pretty quiet too. I should have done it many years ago. "Spend twice as much; buy half as many!" Like good shoes: worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
My dad had a Honda mower back when they made a whole mower... the engine was amazing, a little two cylinder, and water cooled! It was quieter than any riding mower I've ever seen. Top gear was fast too: it could do maybe 15mph.

But the mower deck was crap, after the 4th or 5th time fixing it, he bought a used Sears model with a Briggs and that's what he uses to this day. Still has the old Honda tucked away though, that engine/transmission would make a mean go kart.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Got a link? I pulled the trigger a few years ago and sold the dr trimmer mower with the bush hog deck and twin cylinder kaw engine for a troybilt 19 hp kohler riding mower.

Having a small tractor is fun, but that dr mower could mow down anything you push the deck over. :evil:

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.lowes.com/pd_421867-63311-961450011_4294612714__?productId=4346383&Ntt=husqvarna+mower&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=husqvarna+mower&facetInfo=

Well, it is not riding mower...but an All Wheel Drive push mower. I went through a couple of old riding tractors over the past two years, and I figured I'll try something that's easier to store, move, and my lawn is about 3/4 acres so not too much work anyway. Plus I can always use more exercise.

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/085388/085388232892.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Husqvarna FTMFW!!!!!

My Dr field and brush mower was rwd and it had a nasty habit of doing a wheelie. I had a push mower and I had problems with the rear coming off the ground and the handle bars bending up and breaking their mounts. I was thinking about one of those mowers with the large bicycle wheels in the rear.

Ive been looking at mowers that double as limb or small tree chippers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
After struggling with Kohler and Briggs and Stratton engines for years, I finally splurged on a new Husqvarna AWD, self-propelled lawn mower with the Honda engine. (Most of their lineup comes with the Kohler or B&S engines, but a couple of their high end mowers have the Honda.)

I wanted the rechargeable mower, with Lithium ion batteries, but local vendors didn't have the one I was after, and I needed one sooner than I could have mail ordered it.

What a great machine. Starts at almost half a pull of the cord: every time! Pretty quiet too. I should have done it many years ago. "Spend twice as much; buy half as many!" Like good shoes: worth every penny.
I bought a new Husquarna mover this spring with the the honda engine, it is not the AWD but the high wheel rear, front wheel drive. I really like the fact that it was height adjustable to a 6' plus tall person, also the honda engine was nice and quiet, starts very easy, but the only thing I don't like is the bag is not supported well enough. If the bag get over half full it sags to the point where it almost exposes the opening for bagging. I do not think that the bagging set up will go the distance, but time will tell.

SAm

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree. Mine was sagging too, and was dragging when more than halfway filled. I took it off and went the mulching route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts