Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Sandisk Cruzer 16GB and spent several hours filling it chock full of my favorite music. I went through every album I had almost and hand picked my favorite songs. Then I plug it into the usb dongle and get the message "I don't like you or the music you listen to". OK, it was more like "Unreadable" but I've dealt with enough gadgets to know what it really meant.

I wasn't a privacy drive cuz I remember the manual saying something about that. In fact the drive I'm using now is a privacy drive and even says so proudly on the side and it works just fine. I didn't think it would be this picky since it shows up on my computer as a drive.

I'll stick it back in my computer later and see if there's some hidden file on there causing problems but in short, this sux. :mad:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Did you format it first on a non-Vista machine? Or use a downloaded utility to format it? It may be the file system format they use from the factory isn't compatible.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I also have a 16 GB one and it won't work if I format it in Win Vista, but does work if I format it in Win7, so hopefully that's all it is. Thankfully it only takes a few minutes to copy the files to the drive.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I picked up a cheap 32 gig USB stick (under $90), formatted using FAT32 in Vista and the thing worked great. I think the key is to tell it to format as FAT32. I do wish the Navi did a better job of using the info off the MP3s so when it's playing the artist name shows up too, or better yet scroll the name of the song onthe display. In general it's a simple a cheaper solution than the iPod.

I'm wondering if I should mirror the iPod onto the USB stick isntead make it think it's an iPod.. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
This may or may not be relevant or important but I post my $0.02 to see if it helps anyone.
Last night I conneted my iPhone for the first time to my EX's USB port and it worked first time out like a charm. However, this morning I connected the same phone, without ANY changes, not even charging it and it failed. It gave me some sort of error saying incorrect version or something to that effect. I tried re-connecting it a couple of times and nothing. The same error came up. Finally I decided to switch to another source (FM/AM, CD), then connect the phone and go back to the AUX source and, voila, it worked. So give that a try and see if it works for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Whenever I connect my iPhone it gives me the "this device is not supported error" and asks if I want to switch to airplane mode. I just click no and iPod functionality still works as well as streaming radio.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If anyone is looking for a great deal (at least in Canada and not goign to ebay), Walmart is selling a 32 gig USB Stick (Retail Plus brand) for $70 before taxes.

Confirmed working fine right out of the packaging, but I reformatted it for FAT32 after to scan for bad sectors. Transfer rate is 5 MB/s read and write, did not noticed any slow reads with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.