Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any particular discussion group I should go to get wisdom about my Insight? I'm reading things as fast as I can. Have just bought a 2001 with 113,000 miles on it. Still under extended warranty. Was thinking of taking to a dealership for a once over. Batteries are subject to a recall I think, but might wait a little longer given that the warranty is good for 150K. Anyone have any advice? I'm all ears.

·
Registered
79 Posts
you've found it

This is it. I have had more support in the last month since I bought my car than I could have ever imagined from this sight. Plus, there is an encyclopedia that has a world of info in it. The moderators are especially knowledgable.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi farmer Dave and welcome to the forum :!: :)

Sorry but the NH IMA factory battery warranty expired at 80K and there's not been a battery recall (not to be confused with a recal, a normal IMA function). If you lived in FL then its is warrantied for 10/150K. I know it dosen't make any sense but that's the way the factory warranty extension is written (so far :badgrin: ). But Honda has often been generous in helping with the repairs when needed elsewhere.

If you purchased an extended warranty of some type and the IMA batteries (the 144v pack) are in the fine print then you should be good for the coverage as specified in the contract.

IIRC there was a recall on the PCM (main engine computer) for 00's and _maybe_ into 01, but it was related to "false" O2 sensor codes.

Sherrisue's got the other basics covered. Check'em out :!:

Sounds like you've got some reading to catch-up on too. ;) Reviewing the first few pages of each forum should get you current.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for both of your replies. I'll check out the encyclopedia and I'm working on the warranty issue with the local Honda dealer.

P.S. I got 70mpg on the way to work this morning! I'm really thrilled. Hardly seems possible... that's a quart of gas. Theoretically I could go back and forth to work 40 times before I fill up. Wow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
If you lived in FL then its is warrantied for 10/150K. I know it dosen't make any sense but that's the way the factory warranty extension is written (so far :badgrin: ).
John B, do you know why the original warranty varied in FL?? If it was due to potential weather factors, I wonder how susceptible the southern CA area might be to those same factors.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
CAlifornia is one of the few other states that the newly announced IMA waranty extension also applies. :)

See:

US IMA warranty extension
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=4796

And for our CAnadian members reading, Honda Canada also announced the same extension without provincial exclusions :!: :D But your Insight must have been purchased through a Honda Canada authorized dealer. A few Canadian members posting here purchased stateside and effectively relinquished any warranty :(

Yup kinda stupid if you ask me, but that's the way international boundries work in the car game. :|

HTH! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
CAlifornia is one of the few other states that the newly announced IMA warranty extension also applies. :)
Thanks, John!! Once again InsightCentral is one step ahead of the Honda dealers. I had a good experience with the dealers I bought from, but they never mentioned the IMA warranty being extended in CA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts