Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Re: New warranty post 60k miles.

:lol:

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true :!: :p

I'd switch to riding a bicycle, but didn't this very thing happen to Lance Armstrong :!: :?: :?: Hmmm... :p

More seriously the gasoline and exhaust fumes will rot your lungs faster than any EMF will cook your ummm... well you know. So there's not much to worry about except making funeral arrangements.

A sex change operation would address 1/2 the problem though. :p

As far as buying an extended warranty this late in your game I'm afraid you've answered your own question.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I sincerely hope that one day, people will stop writting about this one guy who in 2001 wrote about EMF being higher in an Insight than other cars, than wrote back into his own article that it is exactly the same as other cars
Isn't it clear that the guy did not know what he was writting about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh God, so there's no way around paying 1000 dollars in the next three or so years? I won't even have the car payed off at that point. And to think, just this morning I thought I had a cool car.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'm sure someone will sell you an extended warranty, but you've got too many miles for a Honda Care warranty I know that for sure. There are many aftermarket warranty places out there, just search around. The only problem might be finding one that warranties your specific worries. Most aftermarket ones are mainly drivetrain related stuff.

As preventative matenience I would suggest getting some Shin Etsu grease as I've always said before. I think the problem with the run channels is when people let them get stiff that they bind while trying to force their way up. I think this $15 tube of grease and a little bit of your time is worth the preventative matenience to save the several hundred dollar cost of having a window run channel replaced.

·
Registered
569 Posts
en0ck said:
Oh God, so there's no way around paying 1000 dollars in the next three or so years? I won't even have the car payed off at that point. And to think, just this morning I thought I had a cool car.
You worry WAAAAAAY to much :? You are averaging 12500 miles a year, so in three years you will be around 73000 miles. I'm about to hit 100,000 miles and haven't had a problem. Most people on here haven't had a major problem. Your battery pack will still be covered for the next three years unless you put on a ton of mileage. The power windows are fixed with a little lube. Take a chill pill :!: You don't have a cool car, you have the coolest car :!: You're driving a Honda-relax :D

·
Registered
214 Posts

Insightful Trekker said:
:lol:

Well if you read it on the internet it must be true :!: :p

I'd switch to riding a bicycle, but didn't this very thing happen to Lance Armstrong :!: :?: :?: Hmmm... :p

More seriously the gasoline and exhaust fumes will rot your lungs faster than any EMF will cook your ummm... well you know. So there's not much to worry about except making funeral arrangements.

A sex change operation would address 1/2 the problem though. :p

As far as buying an extended warranty this late in your game I'm afraid you've answered your own question.

And this guy is a Moderator?????

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi Stephen,

I think that the "humour" approach is actually very good.

The EMF thing is so biased that the guy had to retract from his own words. It was not a professional article in the first place ans it looked like a try to discredit hybrids with unfounded data. They guy said he had the same reading in a "non hybrid" Odyssey so there was no point to his article.
And probably added that part because he reallized that he looked like a fool.

Besides humour, I do not see how to deal with such a bad article. One could only get angry.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Thanks Yves :!: :)

And your right Stephen it was more clownish than moderatorish, but I'm human too :!:

As a sum of the total of my posts the pure humor is very small. Although I like to always try and insert a one-liner chuckle. <g>

Just seemed to me in this case that the OP's post was 90% humor and only needed a one line serious reply. BTW which AFAIK he answered for himself before he asked here.

Now seriously :| <- I only break this one out when I mean it :!: <g> If you do find an extended warranty that will accept you so far beyond the normal limits then _read_ the fine print _VERY_ carefully. 99.99% of these contracts are written to _only_ cover the items individually specified. If it doesn't clearly state IMA batteries then don't believe anything different. In such a case it would not cover the updated MCM & BCM if recommended by Honda (many 00-02's). And some warranty companies are known to replace such high dollar items with _USED_ parts under the terms of their warranties. Look out for such a clause.

Caveat Emptor :!:

HTH! :)

(better :?:)

·
Registered
344 Posts

en0ck said:
Been reading the boards for awhile, but just registered tonight. Here's my problem: I bought my 2000 Insight as a pre-certified used vehicle for about 12k with 35, 000 miles on it. Just 2 years later, I've sunk in an additional 25k miles, and my anxiety over battery pack replacement, power window repairs, etc, is growing by the day.
Price an extended warranty as if you COULD purchase it. Put that money away in a savings/investment account. You will probably be money ahead since the standard 8/80,000 Honda warranty will take care of the IMA. My car is going to roll over 100,000 within 2 weeks. I have NO worry about the IMA.
If it breaks, fix it.

Read the many hours of postings here, @greenhybrid.com, and the Yahoo message groups and there is much to learn.

Don't worry!!!
Drive your car and enjoy the hundreds of dollars in fuel savings each year. GREAT INVESTMENT!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts