Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum, I bought my 2010 Insight 2 weeks ago. On my first tank (which the dealer paid for) I achieved 47 true mpg.

I've already begun modifying. My dumblops were shot with 25k. Thanks to all the great information here, I decided to go with 15x6.5 Maxxim Sixx Black wheels and Goodyear Fuel Max 185/60/15 tires. As of right now I have put about 70 miles on them and cannot see any significant change in mpg, but will post more info once I have more data.

I plan to lower the car soon, however I really want to go with the DF210s but I am scared of the possible "rough" ride that comes with lowering that much. If I didn't like the ride would any of you guys be interested in taking them off my hands for a bit less than I paid? Any suggestions on a trusted company to buy them from? If I don't like the ride, I will go with the NF210s.

Any feedback from someone with DF210s or someone who has ridden in both DFs and NFs would be greatly appreciated.

New Wheels right after installation

De-badged on steelies(now sitting in my garage)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Where are you exactly? I am in Chesterfield, VA.

Not a bad start. Looks like black is the way to go with any goodies and mods you add. I painted my alloy wheels black and painted the brake parts too.

Did you get a set of tpms sensors for your new wheels and tires, did you swap over the old ones or do without? You know, I wouldnt mind a full size oem spare. :)

I had the df and nfs. The nfs would give a better ride. I have a set of cut springs if you want to try it. I am asking 100 bucks. Its the oem spring cut 1 coil. Its a very lax ride and will bottom out if you load up your car.

Tanabe is one company that sells them, I believe HR sells them as well as a few others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Cobb, I live in a suburb outside of Atlanta. They re-installed the TPMS on the new wheels. No problems so far. Thanks for the offer but since I have to keep ride quality in mind for the whole family, I would want to avoid bouncy rides or bottoming out. I had lowered my 01 mustang gt 2" and it felt like I was riding on a train, so I don't want that either. So... Not sure what to go with...

It's wierd, I have found many retailers for Tanabes but the prices vary so much I am skeptical of the cheaper priced sellers.

Will definitely use full size spare for longer trips, if it fits.

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I buy most of my stuff from eBay. I check to see if the price includes shipping or not. I paid 200 bones for my last pair. No, they aren't that rough. The insight has a choppy ride already so it's not much of a change, just better cornering and a few mo mpg.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts