Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I recently purchased a 2004 Insight from a friend that purchased it from a local auction for cheap. Since I love Cars and high tech I thought that this would be an excellent opportunity to get into hybrids for cheap and learn some things along the way. The car had one owner and 200,000 plus miles on the odometer, condition on the outside is fare however the seats are stained and it smelled and looked like a long haired dog was leaving in there, anyway I noticed that when I drove the car it has a hesitation and the Ima light and check engine light was on. I pulled the codes and did some research and found that I had a degraded battery, the first thing that I did considering that I didn't know the full history of the car was a tune up and oil change. I then reset the check engine light which came back on. So I have ordered a Grid charger to see if charging the cells will bring the cells levels up and get rid of the IMA and Check engine light., I am also looking to buy or build a Discharger because I understand that I may have to perform deep conditioning to the IMA Batterry. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
welcome, and good luck! what color did you get and is it auto or manual? Hopefully the grid charger can revive your battery. In most cases it just "Buys a little time" until you can save up and get a plan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts