Honda Insight Forum banner

Newby here — 2011 LX —

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jrronimo 
#1 ·
Bought one of these beauties on Craigslist 5 days ago - already noticing the significant gas savings over my old Volvo.

I’d like to put tweeters in the empty but grilled dash holes - will I find the factory speaker wires there?

Also, have not used the cruise control yet . . . . any known issues or warnings for that system?

So far so good with the car — single owner, dealer maintained, 52k odo

#2 ·
Bought one of these beauties on Craigslist 5 days ago - already noticing the significant gas savings over my old Volvo.

I’d like to put tweeters in the empty but grilled dash holes - will I find the factory speaker wires there?

Also, have not used the cruise control yet . . . . any known issues or warnings for that system?

So far so good with the car — single owner, dealer maintained, 52k odo
120.000 on mine. No problems. Replaced struts recently.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
120k is encouraging, glad to hear it. Looks like original owners on mine did all maintenance, plus had ‘leaking rear schocks’ replaced at 42k. Warranty work done as well.

Guess I’ll pull the tweeter grills off & hope to find factory wiring . . . .

#4 ·
There will be no wires in there. Honda uses a different wiring harness in each model. If you want to upgrade to sound, replacing the door speakers will give you the most bang for your buck. I suggest entering your vehicle information at Crutchfield to see what fits, then shop around. Do get some wiring adapters from Metra. They plug into the factory connector and then have standard tabs to connect to new speakers. Dirt cheap online.

Do look through some old threads about audio and soundproofing down in the Mods section.

Also, put your location in your profile. These Insights where sold all over the world, and we have members from everywhere as well. Sometimes advise is regional.

#5 ·
Yes, yes - - thank you - - I’m pouring over the old threads here. VERY HELPFUL information all around, much appreciated.

I was thinking tweeter install in order to assist my personal high frequency hearing loss, in order to bang the upper sound registers more easily into my head ;-) But having now looked over the options I think I will start with the door speakers - stock bass response disappoints etc. And a coax 6.5 inches with tweeter may just do it.

I’m also considering adding an aftermarket rear camera setup to help with rearward visibility - - I’ll look over the forums — not sure if that has been discussed.

#6 ·
There's some info out there. There's a thread here about backup cameras called "Wiring a Rear View Camera" from 2010. I'm still too new to post a link, otherwise I'd get you there more directly, haha.

I'm looking to install one on my new purchase, too. Not required, but I've already got the camera, so I may as well if I can figure it out. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.