Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
That is interesting. The car was originally owned by a guy in the Bay Area. When he sold it it went to Bazzetta in WI. When he bought it he drove it to me and had me do the cruise control, rear springs and several other up grades.
Bazzetta, sold it a few years ago on BAT (Bring A Trailer).
The person that bought it from Bazzetta was in the San Diego, Ca area. He owned it for about 3 years.
That fellow from San Diego just sold it again on BAT a few months ago.
Now it’s listed on eBay.

Scott

Reactions: minor4326

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in great shape. 2006 MT with low mileage should fetch the Buy-It-Now price, IMO.
I'd buy it, but no room in the stables... plus it's 2200 miles away.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
68 Posts
That is interesting. The car was originally owned by a guy in the Bay Area. When he sold it it went to Bazzetta in WI. When he bought it he drove it to me and had me do the cruise control, rear springs and several other up grades.
Bazzetta, sold it a few years ago on BAT (Bring A Trailer).
The person that bought it from Bazzetta was in the San Diego, Ca area. He owned it for about 3 years.
That fellow from San Diego just sold it again on BAT a few months ago.
Now it’s listed on eBay.

Scott
if you mind me asking Scott,

You said you installed the Cruise control? would you mind me asking which CC you used? it doesn't look like the rostra cruise controls I've been looking at.

Does the Sport function still work with the modifications you did?

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
It is a Rostra. This particular vehicle is a 5 speed and doesn’t have the sport buttons. The buttons on this car are wireless.
Rostra cruise control can be used on a car with a CVT transmission, with no problem. With the CVT transmission, the control for the cruise control is a stock mounted switch. Rostra makes a few to choose from, not wireless, it would mount to the steering column covers.

Lastly, Rostra has discontinued the wireless button setup for the Insight. Even with the 5 speed now you have to use a stock type switch.

Scott

Reactions: NewOwner

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nothing about the age of the IMA battery... otherwise a super nice example.

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing about the age of the IMA battery... otherwise a super nice example.
My standing assumption is that if the battery isn't under warranty, then it's toast. Fortunately IMA battery condition is no longer an issue for me, thanks to LiBCM ;).

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
$6669. So strange. This one was much newer than the grey one that sold a few weeks ago for $9100 on CaB. And it had 20,000 less miles and was in much better shape. Both were MT.

Prices are all over the place these days. I would have thought (based on the CaB sale referenced above) it would have exceeded $10k. Wrong again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not sold.

Reserve NOT met.

$6669. was high bid. Not enough to meet reserve.

Add a good IMA battery and you would be in this car over $9,000.... even at this non winning price.

His reserve was $9,250, plus a new IMA battery, now you are at $11,500 plus tax.

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it went for so little specifically due to the reserve price (which isn't public until the auction ends).

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
I don't think the reserve was the issue - maybe a thou or so if he was really in a selling mood. The issue is that the Gen1 Insight market for excellent cars is so thin that bids can be all over the place depending on whether there are two or three serious bidders who genuinely want a rare car in fine condition. I've seen this car and it is top notch.

The seller didn't do a good job with his "details" description, and he should have addressed the battery. That probably hurt some.

So the seller still has his car and can try other platforms. He hasn't lost the opportunity to strategize, provide better detail, wait, or perhaps adjust the price. It's a market and a thin one at that.;)

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FYI: I talked to seller. IMA battery is quite weak: no P-codes, but it only lasts about a mile from empty to full.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Whoever buys this car will be the 6th owner.
1. Original California owner (9 years)
2. Bazzetta (sold on BaT)
3. RudyMarsh
4. Charlie10 (sold on BaT)
5. richardd (dennydagg on EBay) (reserve not met on EBay)
6. Could be you??
(MUDDER???????)

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
68 Posts
The owner re-listed, asking 8,000 for anyone still interested.

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI: If this car is still for sale when I wake up in the morning, I'll buy it. $8000 seems like a bargain.

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
So looking at the various prices and the reserve, the "market" price for the car was/is something like $8,500. As I've said, cars in this condition are pretty rare and are recovering in price in these days of expensive gasoline. Good price benchmark.

@mudder. I would have bought it under different circumstances, so I too think it a good buy at 8K. You'll want to keep this one garaged I think, so if space is scarce just sell one of the others. No sin in passing one along to another good owner. With your LiBCM setup, you'll be driving this one until your hair turns white :D

Reactions: Harborman

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
@mudder. See it sold. Did you get it?

Someone got the deal of the century :D

• Wow

·
Registered
353 Posts
Still listed….

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
Looked at the wrong link:oops:

• Haha

·
Linsight Designer
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like I waited too long... it's been a busy day.
Probably doesn't help that I got up at 1pm and then worked with a dozen different people today. Many irons in the fire, probably for the better that I didn't throw this one in.
Bummed I missed out, but that's one less step towards divorce... I'm saving that step for either @Harborman 's or @jime 's low mileage citrus ;).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts