Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E-C Apparatus EC570-90 FB-570-90 Electrophoresis Power Supply | eBay

I am not the seller. I am not affiliated with the seller. I am just posting this for those that may be interested. NOTE: most sellers don't know what they have and can't do anything besides turn it on. Buy at your own risk.

This is an EC570-90. I have one. It acts as a constant current/constant voltage power supply and auto-switches back and forth.

Output:
325W max
0-500VDC in increments of 1V
0-2500mA in increments of 1mA

It has a timer function as well.

Example:

Set volts to 180V
Set current to 500mA
Set charge time to 16 hours 15 minutes

This will charge at 500mA until 180V is reached. It will then hold 180V and taper current. Once the timer expires, all charging ceases, and it sounds a perpetual alarm until the user intervenes.

You MUST fabricate your own charge leads with appropriately rated diodes on both leads. It has multiple 4mm bullet connector ports. Output power is divided between the 4 ports, so you could technically charge 4 Insight packs simultaneously at 450mA (325W/180V/4).

At 325W power, you could charge at 180V and 1.8A.

Again, I'm not affiliated with this auction in any way. I own one of these, and I love it. I am only attesting to the capabilities of the model itself and thought it might be of interest to the community.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can. I'm living proof. :)

I recently picked up a 300V/4A supply... :)

Looks like somebody snatched it up. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts