Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
3 of us here in houston also had gone to the leaf test drive thing. It was fun. First they have a boring presentation about the car, then the fun starts when you get to drive it. They let us floor it to test acceleration and stuff. There was some driving in a parking lot course, but we also went on the streets.

you can see pics here, at the end of the album:
Picasa Web Albums - 10673742573190110... - Jan 8th

·
Registered
139 Posts
Insight photos

Enjoyed looking through the pictures 02 insight . Especially like the one of the blue car reflected in the wing(fender?) mirror . Just out of curiosity , i notice some cars have not got front license plates -is this not a legal requirement in some states?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came, I saw, I drove. Saw a lot of prius cars there and a silver insight.

Cant saiy I was too impressed. The interior of the car reminds me of my friends 2002 ford focus. Its too soft, not much support in the seats or room for extra fat bastards. To make matters worse there is no spare or jack and the charger it comes with takes 20 hours from a standard outlet. Although the car seems ideal for lots of short trips it was suggested during the presentation to not use the car for any delivery service like pizza. Boy, I am begining to like this car even less.

The good news is that they require you to bring it in for service and they check the pack to make sure all cells or cans are within spec. Sounds like they do a manual balancing process where out of balance cells are replaced. They did say as the cells degrade you can choose a partial upgrade or replacement or continue to drive the car at reduced range.

What I have not been able to find out is why they include a battery meter on the dash that measures the bat temp. I asked the guy if running the heater cooled it or if it over heated and he said he did not know. I asked if the car had instant heat or if you had to wait, he said I had to wait. Its is noted that the car does have a radiator and fluid reservce under the hood. I guess its for the inverter or drive motor. Seems the pack is just air cools from the bottom of the car.

YouTube - Nissan Leaf battery pack

YouTube - Nissan Leaf behind the wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts