Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auto stop---stopped!
I had it in for a brake job about a month ago, and I realized that it hasn't autostopped since.

Is it possible they disconnected something and forgot to reconnect it? It's been plenty warm enough for auto stops, and I was getting them regularly before it went in.
:?:

buh

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
buh-

It seems unlikely that they would have touched it, but there is a temp. sensor in the front bumper.

See JoeCVT's post in the following link:

Anyone know how to force an AutoStop in Winter

Have you checked the fuses? Also, do you have regen when you brake?

One other idea-

I THINK that anything associated with the brakes and autostop is related to a switch at the pedal. Perhaps if they changed the brake calipers and flushed the fluid, they pumped the pedal to the floor and in the process pushed the switch out of the way so that when you have a good pedal, you don't push far enough to engage the switch. This is purely a guess. But I would think you would also lose regen on braking.

Rear Taillights Have gone out, HELP????

Just a couple things to check.

Jim

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Most likely the temperature sensor. I've seen 3 Insight's do this including mine so I guess the little plastic clip is kind of a weak link, it breaks the plastic off the sensor itself. Mine Mine was replaced under warranty, but I'd bet a dab of glue would suffice though.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
One more thing would be to check the brake vacuum switch since auto
stop won't work if the computer thinks the brakes don't have enough
vacuum available to hold a couple of brake pumps. My guess is the
switch will be by the brake booster. (after all, they did work on the
brakes - not sure why they would disconnect some wiring though)

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Good point on the brake vacuum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts