Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, hello, my car jerks in a uniform sequence when accelerating off, the revs bounce and smooths out as I catch some speed, I have tried many things oil CVT oil filter air and oil I cleaned the throttle body and egr but problem still exists so I removed the spark plug wire from front row and started the engine but there was no engine light then I removed all 4 of them and surprisingly there was still no engine light and the car drove as it always has with he 4 connectors off I then tested the sparks with a spark plug tester that lights up if there's a spark they all worked. I'm confused can anyone throw some light on this. Your words will be much appreciated many thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Because the engine has 8 sparkplugs!
2 per cylinder.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Current miles are kind of an important thing to disclose in a post like this. Also the model year.
Yes there are indeed 8 plugs. To check the rear ones, see the spark plug change sticky post down in the Mods & Tech section of the second gen. (have they ever been replaced?)

So the CVT fluid has been changed. Have you tried doing that recalibration thing that is basically finding a deserted road, getting up to 30 MPH and then coasting to a stop without touching the brakes. Most jerkiness is related to the CVT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2009 UK version 124000miles there is another thing on my mind.. the CVT fluid is like a light golden colour not red or green is this right?

I have changed the front four, I didn't realise 4 at the back.

Yes I have done the 30 to stop but still jerky.. this brings me to another problem the idle reves are just below 1000 like 850-900ish I feel these are high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update after replacement of all spark plugs the hesitation has been reduced by 90 percent but there is still a problem somewhere. I have only had car for 2 month the previous owner said he has changed the CVTf but I syphoned some out today and the colour seems dark and brown not light and green. So will do a full change and update this post

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Use only real Honda CVT fluid. Plan on doing it again sooner rather than later. Like in 15,000-18,000 miles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
...the colour seems dark and brown...
Changed mine out earlier than the maintenance minder indicated, after about 23k miles. My fluid was deep black.

Sent if off to a lab for analysis (as I do for my oil), and they said it was just fine. Readings were typical, and in the expected ranges.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about the color itself too much.
Also, I totally agree on using Honda CVT-F only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts