Honda Insight Forum banner

No demand for Civic hybrid?

10K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  ethicalpaul 
Lots of Civic Hybrids...

...on the road here; I easily see as many HCH as Priuses; usually one or two at the dealership. I think the Prius has an advantage in that it targets the guilt-ridden yuppie: SUVs are so great as they can haul a lot of stuff that sedans can't. Oh wait, here' the Prius, it's "midsize" not "compact" and has a liftback and folding seats, so you can haul stuff. Much more palpable to transition from an SUV.

My dealer had a couple of HCHs and I thought about test driving one, but as the seats don't fold down, ended up deciding it wasn't acceptible. I'd rather have a two-seater hatchback than a four-door four-seater with a small trunk opening.

I see a Civic hybrid just about every day. It seems as though there are more Priuses but they're easier to pick out than the HCH.

I've seen four other Insights since I puchased my own about ten weeks ago: two blue, two red.

Seen Civic Hybrid TV spots...

bfivelover said:
figgy said:
Maybe if Honda advertised the Civic, it would sell?
Ditto for the Insight. Advertise the damn thing! A car that gets 70MPG and I've never seen one ad for it, anywhere.
Actually, I've seen some advertisements for Civic Hybrids lately, with a "best of both worlds" theme, playing on it's ordinary-looking-ness and Hybrid capability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.