Honda Insight Forum banner

No lights, power, ignition, start of insight HELP!!!! lighti

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ssaigal 
#1 ·
It has been very cole. In last couple days car did start 1st try but slowsly due to cold. Recently left small light on inside car now nothing even works. No ignition (no sound), no lights inside or outside work. Batteyry is oribnal to 200 model. Basically I can not get into my car with pressing key button I have to manually open the doorsa with the key. No electronics work in the car.

Question. can one post or email me a pic of what the set up is for jumping. Where specifically place the ground? Any help would be appreciated?

Could a spark plug or something else be fused?

Help! Help ! Help!

Shailesh
saigal@comcast.net

#2 ·
[Mod note, moved from the Civic Hybrid and Other Honda Hybrids Problems & Troubleshooting forum, misposted]

Your Insight's 12v battery (under hood with the engine ) is old enough to be bad even if you did not leave any light on.

Try getting a new one. :)

A regular Civic sized battery will work just fine.

HTH! :)

#3 ·
thanks

you are probably right on the mark. i will probably have to go to my Honda dealer since my Insight baby is very sentimental going to any other place like Sears or the like. Thanks so much for the response and I wish you the very best of everything!!!!!

stay groovy

#4 ·
You can get any appropriately sized battery without having to pay the dealer. In fact no matter where you get it retail, the markup is extreme. Might want to check the Yellow Pages for battery wholesalers. From my local wholesaler, the Civic sized battery is about $30 and it's clearly exactly the same battery as the Honda dealers sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.