Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used Insight came sans manual - I know I need to get one to get the most out of this car, but meeeeeanwhile...

Quickie #1 - when I push the FCD button, the display changes and the odometer/LMPG changes to a couple of numbers with a doubleheaded arrow between them. What's that all about?

Quickie #2 - I've seen mentions of recalibration of something or other - seems like it might be important. What is it and should I do it?

BTW, has any industrious soul put the manual online somewhere?

- Bob

·
Registered
700 Posts
check this out:
FAQ's

Lot's of good stuff there, and on other pages. I have seen owner's manuals on eBay now and again.

The part of the display with the arrows and moving bar graph shows your instantaneous mpg. This is the most important part of the car.
:wink:

Recalibration (recal) is when your battery state-of-charge (SOC) meter resets itself. It looks like your battery suddenly starts discharging (charge meter drops fast), then you will spend the next 10 minutes or so with the engine charging the battery. Assist is not available until the SOC is about 50% or so. So, it generally is an annoying thing, but should not happen frequently. I had my first one in 5 months last week.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Re: No manual - what's FCD button do, and what's recalibrati

Pushing the FCD button toggles the "segment display" on and off. The "segment display" is like a miniature "trip" meter distinct from Trip A or Trip B. Holding down the FCD button while in "segment display" mode will reset it. Holding down the FCD button while in one of the other display modes (Trip A, Trip B, or lifetime) will cycle through the display of instantaneous MPG, average MPG, or neither.

http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclope ... ments.html

Recalibrations are explained here:
http://www.insightcentral.net/KB/faq-no ... eroBattery

Much of what's in the owner's manual is reproduced or explained more thoroughly in the Encyclopedia and Knowledge Base on the main InsightCentral site, but you should still find an owner's manual as an in-car reference.

HTH,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts