Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
BAT site. 6 days left.

Please note on the Carfax that the car has been involved in two accidents. Regardless of the mileage, how many prospective buyers would like an aluminum bodied car that has been involved in two previous accidents?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Please note on the Carfax that the car has been involved in two accidents. Regardless of the mileage, how many prospective buyers would like an aluminum bodied car that has been involved in two previous accidents?
Based on current price, and time left, as well as pricing historically on BaT, I’d say this thing sells for close to $10k, which in my opinion is way too much....... If it does, I may sell my 2000 5-speed on that site, as I could quick-flip it for a small profit.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Based on current price, and time left, as well as pricing historically on BaT, I’d say this thing sells for close to $10k, which in my opinion is way too much....... If it does, I may sell my 2000 5-speed on that site, as I could quick-flip it for a small profit.
Good man you haven't driven it yet, don't give up on it so quick!!!

I estimate yours is worth $9000-$10000 on BAT or CAB.
I estimate this one will fetch $12000. Would get more if it were a 5 speed and didn't have the accidents.

I said this in one of our other conversations but I sold a blue 2001 with 140,001 miles with a new battery for $6000. In "A-" condition. So yeah with these low miles I think over $10k is realistic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hope to pile miles on it, and 60mpg is my goal. These snowstorms have delayed my battery arrival, but hopefully soon

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
I hope to pile miles on it, and 60mpg is my goal. These snowstorms have delayed my battery arrival, but hopefully soon
Welcome to Insight Central.

You will find that Insight fuel economy is sensitive to dozen's of factors, but ambient temperature is a major one. You will need to wait until warm weather arrives in your area for good mpg numbers. Of course, the nut holding the wheel is by far the most important factor. Practice, read and practice some more:)

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Sold for $6000. Same as I sold mine with 140k for a few months ago. Shocking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would have no interest in it as an auto....... MPG difference or not, I just like my 3-pedals, but gotta say, this appears to be a steal, and those have been fairly non-existent on BaT (so I have been car shopping Cars and Bids a lot lately)

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I agree about having no interest. But one owner and 37k on the odometer and a brand new warrantied battery...shocking. Seller must have made very little here.

Maybe CVT + 2 accidents killed the deal for most.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yep. These cars are worth very little money to most folks.

That's why when I see someone trying to sell their beat up 250k mile Insight with bad transmission and bad pack for $3000+ I have to shake my head.

$6,000 for a 37,000 mile car. Incredible deal.

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
Beautiful car. It will be interesting to see what it brings.

·
Premium Member
2005 G1 NFR 5spd
348 Posts
Bazetta's old Insight. Here is a picture from Insightfest 2017. VIN #490
20170707_175033.jpg

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Watched this auction with interested....that is, the second one mentioned here with 55k, '06 red....sold for $14,000 on BAT in 12/18...sold for $10,700 today. Hmm......thought it would fetch more.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
These cars are definitely worth less and less.
They will never become very expensive.

And when I see high mileage cars with ridiculous asking prices I just have to shake my head. (For example 225,000 with bad pack, grinding, etc and thinking it's worth $5000)

·
Super Moderator
8,902 Posts
These cars are definitely worth less and less.
They will never become very expensive.
I'm not sure I agree. "Collector" car prices have always been pretty volatile. A price setback of 30-40% on a single example is hardly representative of the whole market.

And when I see high mileage cars with ridiculous asking prices I just have to shake my head. (For example 225,000 with bad pack, grinding, etc and thinking it's worth $5000)
Well I certainly agree there. One trying is sell that is just looking for an example of the "bigger fool."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts