Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Maybe reason you got a good deal. Does your country have a 72 hour law where you can return the car in case its a lemon? :evil:
Not if you buy it privately, no (what I did, but you pay less for taking the risk). If you buy it from a franchised dealer they have to give a month by law, but Honda give three months I believe, or possibly a year - don't quote me on that, as they may charge extra for an additional warranty post 3 months.

If you buy from an independent dealer they have to give a month by law if they process it as a trade sale (some try to process by private sale unscrupulously, which is illegal, but they sell their lemons that way to the ignorant)...

In my case I have no comeback, but thankfully it's all sorted now.

A 72 hour carte blanche return by law, even through a private sale would do the world of good, and extremely good common sense... but that doesnt exist. We are part of the European Union... they prefer to mandate on the colour of tomatoes and the straightness of cucumbers than create any robust legislature. Don't forget their huge pensions for describing the average cucumber at 40-50mm in diameter and between 250 and 350mm in length; it's important stuff that they do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That is a nice link :)
The PDF was the only link I had, from this site even iirc.
It describes features we don't have like the TPMS sensors and switching between miles and kilometers. I'd love the mpg readout as l/100 km has such low res, but alas. My UltraGauge has better res in l/100 km.

Apart from those features the paper manual is quite generic as well in Dutch, so not a lot of gain there. I never bothered to find one online.
One good thing about UK spec cars is you seem to get a good load of the JDM spec, but also the additional MPG and L/100Km / dual MPH and KPH speedo... I suppose they feel that we are that part of the Venn diagram in the middle that has to have elements of all three circles.... but then again our list prices more than account for all that stuff, sadly.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The UK spec must be pretty much like the continental spec. One UK spec online manual and a mirror and I'm good :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The UK spec must be pretty much like the continental spec. One UK spec online manual and a mirror and I'm good :)
It depends on where the model is built from my experience with Toyota and Honda.

10 years ago, a UKDM car built in Japan would be traditionally closer to JDM spec, but with the Imperial functions built in to the speedo etc.

A Euro assembled Honda or Toyota for the UKDM would be more similar to the EUDM spec, but with RHD.

I can't report any changes over the last 10 years with this, but UK cars are fairly dissimilar from Euro ones in their requirements. Of course the emissions and safety requirements are the same.

My 2004 Yaris D4D is built in Japan, while the pertol ones were assembled in the EU I beleive.

It's a bit of a non-standard game really.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
All Insights old and new were built in Suzuka, Japan, unless I lost it completely. Even the second gen did not sell enough to justify opening plants for a specific market, much to Honda's regret.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
All Insights old and new were built in Suzuka, Japan, unless I lost it completely.
Yup, you are correct, which would denote similarity of EU models, so in this case I would sispect that there is not a huge difference between UK and EU spec.

·
Registered
943 Posts
An excellent forum post here on how the SVRS system works:

In-Depth - Honda Service Reminder System (SvRS) - FAQ

That's for a European Accord system but it seems to be essentially the same that we have on our Insights.

Interesting that the system looks to combine service items set to occur within 60 days of one another. Looks like my last 2 (pollen filter change and aux belt inspection) and 3 (CVT fluid) services missed each other by just 1 day last time. Might postpone the pollen filter change for a week this summer then.

Also (HT to HondaKarma Forum) I've uploaded attachments for official Honda UK forms for selecting either Fixed or Variable Servicing, Fixed Servicing Check Sheet (12,500 mile or 1 year intervals) and SVRS Check Sheet. They are the same as the ones shown in (now broken) links in some of my earlier posts in older threads.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts