Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
There is a meet-up being planned for the 29th of February 2020. This is a free day just like when we get a free hour with Daylight Savings Time. ;o)

Arrive on the 28th in the Danville area. There will be a list of area motels published shortly. Arrive on the 28th, breakfast on the 29th, gather at the famous Blackhawk Museum (Home - Blackhawk Museum) for a noon guided tour of the automobile collection. Parking at the museum's parking lot for the group. We have the area until 3:00 and I'll bet we can extend it if needed. Bring a chair to sit on and a table for your stuff if you wish.

This is a nice area of California. You are close enough to visit San Francisco, and it is worth a visit, if you travel south on the way home a trip down California 1 will delight, especially through Big Sur. The entire CA 1 highway from San Francisco is great and you can stop at Jocko's in Nipomo on 101 for one of their justly world famous steaks. The dinner steaks are grilled over live red oak coals.

We hope to see you there.

PLEASE SEE POST #70 for an ITINERARY

·
7,142 Posts
Norcal eh? Suppose I might be able to swing that...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norcal eh? Suppose I might be able to swing that...
If you want to leave early Friday and haul butt we can go as a group. Hopefully it would become a caravan. And it would freak out folks along the way. We could be mistaken for a Martian invasion.

·
Super Moderator
7,950 Posts
Thanks for taking the initiative. I wish I could join you to meet some west coast folks, but I thin 3,000 miles a bit much for an old guy. Willie probably up for it though;)

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
Hey Jime, get a plane ticket and either fly to the Bay Area and join us or fly into the Los Angels area and caravan up with us. You can be a passenger or I have a loaner Insight with your name on it.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,476 Posts
Is that the NASCAR one that keeps turning left?

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
Thanks, Sandy and Scott! See y’all there. It’s only ~1,100 miles for me.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
7,950 Posts
Hey Jime, get a plane ticket and either fly to the Bay Area and join us or fly into the Los Angels area and caravan up with us. You can be a passenger or I have a loaner Insight with your name on it.

Scott
I really wish I could come, and it is wonderful to be though of, but it is just a "bridge to far" right now. Momma needs 24/7 care. My daughter is just out of grad school and trying hard to get a job, so she isn't quite as dependable as in the past. Her situation is complicated - new job, probable relocation, etc.

I haven't dismissed it entirely but it isn't very promising.:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wanna be there. if I win the lottery on Wednesday or Saturday I will be there. the cold is getting old! are there campsites around. it has been a long time since I had had a steak. nakona1

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eats in and near Danville: if you can't find a meal in the Danville area you have your eyes closed. I know there are some good Asian restaurants there as I was the token white guy in the Thursday Asian Lunch group. They liked me because I could eat with chopsticks and did not put my nose up at anything. There are plenty of non-Asian eats, too. This is a semi-urban area of office complexes. Motel rooms and meals are all over.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weather: this is Northern California, the weather will probably be good but there is always a slight chance of rain. I live in a city which gets ~80" of rain a year now so what is considered rain in Northern California is barely a blip on my radar screen. This may not be the case for you. You will not be building an ark thouogh.

Here is what is happening today and you can expect that when we are there: Weather

·
Registered
24 Posts
I should be able to make it. Driving about 1k miles from Eastern Idaho.

Wife's family is from Danville, unfortunately she will need to stay home with the babies.

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
I think it’s time to start a list. Please copy and paste the list and add your name.

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you still holding the Danville insight meet or was that an old post. As new member id like.to.come.and.meet the.folks.whove had one.(gen 1) longer than I.(3mo.). Ive no probs yet but a weak tranny man in hella racket. Ive.gotten a junkyard repl but it was a bitch removing even in a junkyard where u can cut.and.rip at will so doing an install is.a.bit of a.scare.for.me as ive no place.to.do it. Does anyone know a.reliable.expierianced honda personage to do this instant along with the.obvious accutraments ie: couch pressure plate throw.out and pilot bearing and.appropriate.seals.as needed. Provided.by me.?.thanks Rich2000. Mine is.a.2000 5 speed with 165k on it always garages apparently with one.driver who cared and.few passengers for $800 .....no accidents perfect paint at least until I had to remove thosen4 $15 ea screws retaining the rear sail panels for the brake light test and.dispite my care reassembleiing for.fearnof then$15 screws......one.flew off the next day and.i.recovered it a mile away
....run down like a.dog. and.scratched.like a dog with fleas with one screw mount.broke and screws long gone. Then just to taunt me the master programmer of this simulation places another red 2000 in front of me a block after i discover the.travesty . the.dark side.of.the told me.to follow him and switch.lol ....but seriously what are.the odds of this with only 17k ever made and.rarely see in any on the road. I do have.to say I love this car afternl 3mo. Like the proverbial fat man loves chicken and waffles. Better than my 72 mbz 280c or my 72.ford guppies ( Cheri) 351......everytime I pass a gas station. Sorry so long winded but if anyone.can help me with those questions id appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,476 Posts
Rich2000, please include your Location in your Profile.

Count me in. It will be my third or fourth trip to the immediate area.
This was the best trip:
(Maybe another CARAVAN in the making?)

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie

1 - 20 of 172 Posts