Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,629 Posts
Yes Rich2000 this meet is for February 29, 2020. You are welcome to join.

Yes, Willie there will be a caravan from So Cal. I would like to leave mid morning Friday February 28th.
I’m working on accommodations and will update in the next couple days.

I’m adding to the list:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
Bryce Johnson- from the FB group

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll be there. I live close so no need for motel etc. Is the breakfast a formal piece with a location? A quick check shows this nice breakfast place in the same center as the museum: The Little Pear - Worth Group
Now that sounds like a plan. We can park at the museum and walk over to breakfast.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
for me, one way is a mere 2074.9 miles.
Does that mean we can count you in? This is a nice time of year to be in the sunshine of California and away from that awful winter weather where you are. You may even want to stay after you have gotten out to Danville.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes Rich2000 this meet is for February 29, 2020. You are welcome to join.

Yes, Willie there will be a caravan from So Cal. I would like to leave mid morning Friday February 28th.
I’m working on accommodations and will update in the next couple days.

I’m adding to the list:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Dem
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux

·
Super Moderator
1,629 Posts
The breakfast place looks good and coming from a local that’s even better.

Updating the list:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
1audio
sheafe.ewing

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ten so far. There have to be some folks on the fence or who have just not checked in to say they are coming. This is shaping up to be a great get-together for Insighters. Additionally you can swing through Bagdahd by the Bay, AKA San Francisco, and see Fisherman's Wharf, wiggely Lombard Street, Chinatown for really good Chinese food, Columbus Avenue right by Chinatown for really good Italian food, there are even a Basque restauants. If you are heading south and want a really good steak, Jocko's in Nipomo is a legend. They serve steak at all three meals but at night they are grilled over red oak coals. And if you are heading south, take CA 1 out of SF to San Luis Obispo for spectacular coastal views. You will see views that you have seen in ads and movies many times. It is glorious and a perfect drive for an Insight.

So if you are retired make a tour of it. If you are working make a great get-together out of it where we can all tell lies and laugh.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can add me to the list. I won’t need hotel accommodations. It’s a 4 hour drive for me so I’ll likely make it a day trip.

Looking forward to meeting up, sharing stories, and seeing what others have done with their insights.

·
Super Moderator
1,629 Posts
Richard Buck,
It would be great if you could come and hang out for the weekend, but I understand.

List update:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
1audio
sheafe.ewing
Richard Buck
Vern
Steve Wurm

·
Registered
20 Posts
I might be able to stop by depending what time I get off work that morning. I live 35-40 min away from Danville, so no need for accommodations on my end either.

I haven’t really done much to my Insight however. Just bone stock.

Is this meet going to be an limited to an information exchange or is this also going to be a swap meet of sorts? Back when I was really heavy on the Nissan stuff we always brought parts in case someone needed it. Wasn’t sure if it was proper to bring anything this time around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is stock I just want to meet the Insighters and get some feed back on restoration. So there is a caravan from Oregon?

·
Super Moderator
1,629 Posts
Good morning Tekuno,

Everyone is welcome to come. Most of the cars will be stock or may have minor upgrades. If you can stop in for a visit that would be great.

In the next day or so I’ll post an itinerary of times and events for the weekend. If any one can stop by for any of the locations or times that would be great.

As far as parts for sale, if you have something you would like to bring please do so. Please consider that it should be something that you could keep in the back of your car and show or offer for sale. It might not be appropriate to setup in the parking lot like a swap meet, not sure the museum would appreciate it.

Scott

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mine is stock I just want to meet the Insighters and get some feed back on restoration. So there is a caravan from Oregon?
I'll be leaving early Friday morning from Astoria and getting to I-5 south of PDX and then on south to CA. We can meet up when I get to Springfield. And, my Insight is also stock, it looks the way it did when it was bought other than 20 years use.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'll be there. Might be in the MR-S since my insight's headlights flooded and killed my HID retrofit.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cool I'm right off the freeway.
OK, I'll leave Astoria NLT 8 AM. That would get me to Springfield around noon. From there it is just over eight hours to Danville. Figure nine because of gas and food along the way. I have a silver 2001 with NASA license plates. Beware that I am protected by an attack trained Schipperke guard dog. I'll muzzle him. LMAO 530 681 7774 if you need to text or talk.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Good morning Tekuno,

Everyone is welcome to come. Most of the cars will be stock or may have minor upgrades. If you can stop in for a visit that would be great.

In the next day or so I’ll post an itinerary of times and events for the weekend. If any one can stop by for any of the locations or times that would be great.

As far as parts for sale, if you have something you would like to bring please do so. Please consider that it should be something that you could keep in the back of your car and show or offer for sale. It might not be appropriate to setup in the parking lot like a swap meet, not sure the museum would appreciate it.

Scott
I was told we can set up tables and chairs if we wish. They are scheduling us in the lot from 11:00 to 3:00 with the tour at 12:00. The tour is $9 apiece for club members - that's us - and we will pay at the door. Get the money to me at breakfast or just before we enter. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts