Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can count me in. I’ll bring whatever significant parts can fit in my car. Hoping Eli and crew from Bumblebee Batteries is going. I need a battery soon!

I’ll probably bring small things like OEM packs, MIMA PnP 172P, fenders, headlights, and possibly interior pieces from my partout. PM me if anyone here wants me to bring anything specific.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Jime, get a plane ticket and either fly to the Bay Area and join us or fly into the Los Angels area and caravan up with us. You can be a passenger or I have a loaner Insight with your name on it.

Scott
You can fit the Insight in the overhead as a carry on!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Richard Buck,
It would be great if you could come and hang out for the weekend, but I understand.

List update:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
Bryce Johnson- from the FB group
1audio
sheafe.ewing
Richard Buck
Vern
Steve Wurm
GrerWolf adding myself I think

·
Super Moderator
4,914 Posts
I've gone through the posts and captured names. Here is the current list:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
1audio
sheafe.ewing
Richard Buck
Vern
Steve Wurm
Rich2000
Tekuno Ichigo
Guy Smiley
Jetsy
GrerWolf
jhowe327
Autocrat

This is shaping up nicely! Please let me know if I missed anybody. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Sam

·
Registered
15 Posts
I work in the area, but live further away... Unless wife comes up with a last minute thing, count me in...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes Rich2000 this meet is for February 29, 2020. You are welcome to join.

Yes, Willie there will be a caravan from So Cal. I would like to leave mid morning Friday February 28th.
I’m working on accommodations and will update in the next couple days.

I’m adding to the list:

boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
Is the caravan going up north on the 101 fwy or the 5? I live in Ventura county and would like to join the caravan.

·
Premium Member
10,215 Posts
If we are coming from Covina (Jue Motors) it will probably be I-210 W and then I-5 N.
Scott will select the right route I think.

·
Super Moderator
1,629 Posts
With regard to the caravan from So cal, I would like to go up the 5 going up and probably Sunday back down the 101.

I’ve had a request to potentially stop at Anderson’s pea soup for lunch on Friday and potentially stop in either SLO or Pismo on Sunday at Splash Cafe.

Scott

·
Registered
1 Posts
boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
1audio
sheafe.ewing
Richard Buck
Vern
Steve Wurm
Rich2000
Tekuno Ichigo
Guy Smiley
Jetsy
GrerWolf
jhowe327
Autocrat
InsightPilot79 - Add me to the list as well, I need to get away from LA and work!
Xspeedracer

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Forgive my bringing this up again. The Santa Maria area - South of San Luis Obispo - is cattle country which means steaks. The traditional Santa Maria BBQ is Tri Tips, pinquito beans, salsa, French bread and a tossed green salad. Needless to say there are a number of good steakhouses up and down 101 in this area. I have tried most of them and think Jocko's is the best of the lot. From the outside it is not very impressive and it does not get much better on the inside. You can't eat the decorations. The steaks are what it is all about. Dinner is best because the steaks are done over the red oak coals. Steak is served at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used to tell folks to eat there, order the Spencer, 20 oz. If they did not think it was the best steak they ever had to give me their check and I'd repay them. I never had to buy anyone's dinner, either. I'm not going to do that this time but it is one helluva good steak. I'll be driving down to Santa Barbara later this spring and will have at least one dinner at Jocko's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Forgive my bringing this up again. The Santa Maria area - South of San Luis Obispo - is cattle country which means steaks. The traditional Santa Maria BBQ is Tri Tips, pinquito beans, salsa, French bread and a tossed green salad. Needless to say there are a number of good steakhouses up and down 101 in this area. I have tried most of them and think Jocko's is the best of the lot. From the outside it is not very impressive and it does not get much better on the inside. You can't eat the decorations. The steaks are what it is all about. Dinner is best because the steaks are done over the red oak coals. Steak is served at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I used to tell folks to eat there, order the Spencer, 20 oz. If they did not think it was the best steak they ever had to give me their check and I'd repay them. I never had to buy anyone's dinner, either. I'm not going to do that this time but it is one helluva good steak. I'll be driving down to Santa Barbara later this spring and will have at least one dinner at Jocko's.

Jocko's looks awesome.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like a good event and only an hour away for me count me in Mark in Davis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
May we also bring a guest?

I have a friend who is interested in possibly purchasing an insight. Maybe she can see what our little community is like?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
May we also bring a guest?

I have a friend who is interested in possibly purchasing an insight. Maybe she can see what our little community is like?
Sounds like a good idea to me. If she can stand us I am sure we can stand her. And she will probably have a good time as she will be there with you. And we all are enthusiastic about the G1's. Maybe you'd better warn her that she may learn a bit more than she counted on. LOL It would be nice to have here there with us.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There is a meet-up being planned for the 29th of February 2020. This is a free day just like when we get a free hour with Daylight Savings Time. ;o)

Arrive on the 28th in the Danville area. There will be a list of area motels published shortly. Arrive on the 28th, breakfast on the 29th, gather at the famous Blackhawk Museum (Home - Blackhawk Museum) for a noon guided tour of the automobile collection. Parking at the museum's parking lot for the group. We have the area until 3:00 and I'll bet we can extend it if needed. Bring a chair to sit on and a table for your stuff if you wish.

This is a nice area of California. You are close enough to visit San Francisco, and it is worth a visit, if you travel south on the way home a trip down California 1 will delight, especially through Big Sur. The entire CA 1 highway from San Francisco is great and you can stop at Jocko's in Nipomo on 101 for one of their justly world famous steaks. The dinner steaks are grilled over live red oak coals.

We hope to see you there.
So where is the breakfast being held on the 29th and at What time or will it be a brunch, I’m not coming down the night before since I’m only an hour away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It's always about the food. The Little Pear is a short walk from the Blackhawk Museum (blackhawk museum at DuckDuckGo) and has been recommended as the breakfast/brunch place to meet up (https://rodneyworth.com/little-pear/). It would be a good place, too, to collect the entrance fee for the museum: $9, the special club rate. You bring the tens, I'll bring the singles. We are allowed tables, chairs and tents for our daytime visit in the museum parking lot. So a comfy chair is not a bad idea.

This is shaping up as a fun event because so many really nice folks who are showing up. Add to this their impeccable taste in automobiles and it is a bigtime winner. See you there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
boojum
KLR3CYL-Scott
Bulldog
Red Demon
Mobius Dick
Willie
Rainsux
1audio
sheafe.ewing
Richard Buck
Vern
Steve Wurm
Rich2000
Tekuno Ichigo
Guy Smiley
Jetsy
GrerWolf
jhowe327
Autocrat
InsightPilot79 - Add me to the list as well, I need to get away from LA and work!
Xspeedracer
Steady

41 - 60 of 89 Posts