Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
See. It ain't that hard to get a basic meetup together.

Pick a day. Pick a place.
Invite people to come.

Not sure what holds up other guys from just naming a day and inviting other owners to join them. <Shrugs shoulders>

Have fun guys!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The deal here is that the place for the meeting, Blackhawk Museum, is a good venue to take a tour of. It is a pretty nice area of the country. And if you have been deprived of warmth and sunshine there is another good reason to go there. If you have the time a trip to San Francisco is a great idea. If you need help with that I'll tell you how I used to take visitors around SF and Sausilito. Simple route with Chinatown, the Golden Gate, Lombard Street, Little Italy, Fisherman's Wharf (tourist trap) cable car ride, the whole works. One nice thing about SF is that the locals like to see you enjoying their town.

A cable car ride is a must. The waiting line in the public transportation department for cable car jobs is years long. The great part: you get to ring the bell. The grip man does the major ringing, the conductor signals the grip man with his smaller bell. This is a big deal in SF and just gives you an idea of what the city is about. (55th Cable Car Bell Ringing Contest) La Cumbre on Mission near 16th is a must. (Mission burrito - Wikipedia). It is a neutral zone in that all types mix and mingle here and there is never any friction, ever. And an ice cream cone at Mitchell's (Mitchell’s Ice Cream - Mitchell's Ice Cream) is worth a trip to SF alone. On a sunny Sunday or Saturday the sidewalk in front will be mobbed with folks waiting to get to the machine dispensing numbers for a place in line. My fave: Mango on top of Macapuno (a sweet Philipino coconut). You will be spoiled for life. I'm swinging by on my way back from a visit to SoCal after the meet.

And a trip out of SF on California 1 all the way down the coast to San Luis Obispo is a trip you will remember forever. Bring your camera. If you want a taste of the luxurious life swing by Ventana's for lunch. They used to serve a great carpaccio. They proably still do. The rest of the meal was great, too. The environment is magical. (The Sur House - Dining Big Sur | Restaurants in Big Sur).

And I've touted Jocko's for steaks. I will be stopping there for the lovely 20 ounce Spencer. When you get it it is way too big. Halfway through it seems about right and when you have finished you start to think maybe you should have ordered two.

So the deal is the weather is number 1, the scenery is number 1, and the food is great. And Pea Soup Anderson's has great, really great, pea soup. It used to be $1.50 for all you could eat. It is up around $11 or $12 now. And it comes with some fancy breads. I'll be eating lunch there on the way south. It is worth the stop. (Pea Soup Andersens - Santa Nella - Soups and Salads).

The ride north is fun but is sparse. All in all it is an opportunity to have a fun time at the meet and coming and going. Be there or be square. ;o)

61 - 62 of 62 Posts