Honda Insight Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
At Fieldwork in San Ramon. Seen a couple Insights pull in, as well as some truly Insightful U-turns.

Didn't manage to snag a big table - am at outside corner facing street w/ the only non-Apple laptop.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
Just got back from Fieldwork, had a good time met several people and can now put more names and faces together.

Photo from some of the caravan from So Cal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Damn, forgot to update this thread. I won't be able to attend due to a last minute right shoulder surgery. I can drive auto but I'm not driving my landcruiser 1800 miles, and I'm sure my right shoulder would be very unpleased with that long of a drive in a MT!

Let me know if my spot had to be paid at the museum and I will pay.

·
7,182 Posts
It was really nice to see some old friends and meet some new ones. :) Thanks to all who organized the event!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Effusive thnks to al who showed up and all who worked to make it happen and to the Blackhawk Museum who bent over backwards to beh helpful. I had a great time meeting the folks Iknow only as names on the board, saw some great old cars, some really gorgeous Insights, and I do mean gorgeous, and all the really interesting people. Smarter than a MENSA meeting!

I am in a motel wit no real upload speed so you will all be spared my pics until I am back home. Thank you all for everything and to some folks, hanai, aloha.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking forward to seeing you all again! Next time let some of the NorCal guys caravan to a meet. Would be fun to go north or south!

Special shout to the bumblebee team for the exclusive pink t-shirt :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a great time... really good folks. Thank you to all, but especially Scott and Sandy for arranging it.
My new-to-me Insight did the journey from SoCal up and back without a hitch. On the way up I took hwy 33 thru Ojai, up the Sespe’s to the summit (about 5,000 ft high), thru Ventucopa to Taft. I then continued all the way up 33 thru the oil fields to Coalinga, before jumping on the 5. I discovered how fun my Insight is on mountain and back roads. I had it mostly in second gear up the grades (wasn’t in a hurry) .... and at the top my battery had fully charged. That really surprised me.

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Here's another courtyard pic with all the Insights. I wasn't thinking I'd be making a panoramic shot, otherwise I would have taken two better images to stitch together in the middle... But, I like the way this shot captures more of the set and setting...

danville_2020_Insight_in_courtyard.jpg

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Beautiful panorama eq1 for the rest of us 2,300+ miles away. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
View attachment 84617 .. I discovered how fun my Insight is on mountain and back roads. I had it mostly in second gear up the grades (wasn’t in a hurry) .... and at the top my battery had fully charged. That really surprised me.
Kenny - Do you have Scott's Rear Springs and GAZ Shocks on your Insight? If you haven't bought them from him yet, you won't believe how much better the handling could be. Scott even installed them for me at Insigtfest 2017. It felt like a new sports car even on the short drive from the event to the local hotel in Madison, WI.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)
Kenny - Do you have Scott's Rear Springs and GAZ Shocks on your Insight? If you haven't bought them from him yet, you won't believe how much better the handling could be. Scott even installed them for me at Insigtfest 2017. It felt like a new sports car even on the short drive from the event to the local hotel in Madison, WI.
I can second the comment on the improvement in handling. Scott installed the springs/shocks combolon my car last year. It was a marked improvement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rainsux made it home yesterday, and still managed to talk to me on the phone for an hour last night. I figured he'd be tired. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Good turn out too.

121 - 140 of 172 Posts