Honda Insight Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rainsux made it home yesterday, and still managed to talk to me on the phone for an hour last night. I figured he'd be tired. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Good turn out too.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Rainsux made it home yesterday, and still managed to talk to me on the phone for an hour last night. I figured he'd be tired. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Good turn out too.
It was good all around because of the great crowd. The folks at the Danville meet were all a bunch of great folks. It was very laid-back with the opportunity to hang around and talk. The get-togethers at meals were fun and the Blackhawk Museum tour was very good and the folks at the museum were super kind. They also had all of us pull into the patio in front of the museum to be there as a group. It looked good for them and good for us. It was just a great time.

And while I may not be objective on this, I'd say the Insight owners at the get-together were a bit brighter than the average bear. All in all it was a good time.

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Yep. I got home last night. 2,339 miles. The GPS said my top speed was 99 MPH. I don't know when I did that, probably on a long FAS. The Insight performed perfectly. I had two tanks over 70 MPG.

As everybody else said, it was a great event. I really enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks to Bumblebee for the t-shirts!

Sam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got back from Fieldwork, had a good time met several people and can now put more names and faces together.

Photo from some of the caravan from So Cal.
View attachment 84605
I lived next-door to BlackHawk and the shopping center... before Behring bought the ranch. I'd been to the Auto Museum several times, but this time there were so many boutiques in the plaza, I had a hard time finding the showroom. Drove around in back... only to be 'rescued' by another attendee who helped me up the way to where the Insights were parked. I thank Scott for seeking me out. Wish I'd kept on InsightCentral for word of the restaurant where people were meeting. I sat waiting for "a group'
to exit the museum and go to a restaurant; missed it, if it happened. Finally, I was hungry and ate at the Little Pear, then left. All-in-all, glad
I saw the good turnout.... and there was only one Insight that looked sorrier than mine. (I hoped to spruce it up before coming, but alas ...... didn't happen) I have Scott to thank for coming north, and installing a BumbleBee battery to replace my LMA battery.... before which he'd come to replace a brake master cylinder (in the nearby Safeway parking lot '-) If there's to be another such get-together , within reasonable distance... I'll be there.... I hope. Thanks to all. And ? oh ... I wasn't able to negotiate for the Deuzy convertible.... so I suppose it's still there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I lived next-door to BlackHawk and the shopping center... before Behring bought the ranch. I'd been to the Auto Museum several times, but this time there were so many boutiques in the plaza, I had a hard time finding the showroom. Drove around in back... only to be 'rescued' by another attendee who helped me up the way to where the Insights were parked. I thank Scott for seeking me out. Wish I'd kept on InsightCentral for word of the restaurant where people were meeting. I sat waiting for "a group'
to exit the museum and go to a restaurant; missed it, if it happened. Finally, I was hungry and ate at the Little Pear, then left. All-in-all, glad
I saw the good turnout.... and there was only one Insight that looked sorrier than mine. (I hoped to spruce it up before coming, but alas ...... didn't happen) I have Scott to thank for coming north, and installing a BumbleBee battery to replace my LMA battery.... before which he'd come to replace a brake master cylinder (in the nearby Safeway parking lot '-) If there's to be another such get-together , within reasonable distance... I'll be there.... I hope. Thanks to all. And ? oh ... I wasn't able to negotiate for the Deuzy convertible.... so I suppose it's still there.
? LMA battery ? TYPO.....

·
Premium Member
10,321 Posts
You caught the spelling error, click on the three little dots to the right of the post and you can go to EDIT and fix it right.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Home after a Santa Barbara to Astoria 21 hour run. I'm getting too old for this stuff. After some sleep I will popst the pictures and links to them. I'm glad I took a bunch. I'm not so sure you will be though. ;o)

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
fyi, some stats, round trip from Seattle area to meet and back via I-5:

total miles about 1,550
total IMA throughput: 158,940 mAh, or ~24.4 pack's-worth at 6500 per pack
pack input and output: 80,210 mAh IN, 78,730mAh OUT.

·
Super Moderator
7,755 Posts
Oh, there are never too many pictures of Insights, or Insight folks having fun :LOL:

·
7,135 Posts
My stats, round trip from east Portland:

19 hours, 25 minutes
About 1300 miles
109,690mAh in
107,220mAh out

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
^ Lead foot...

Interesting. About 98% efficient.
Assuming current measurement is perfect, it'd actually be a bit higher, as I ended the trip at a higher charge state than I began it. I don't really have a way though to know exactly how much higher the end charge state was.

·
7,135 Posts
I didn't record what my starting SoC was either. Was 65% when I wrote those stats down a bit ago. May have been as high as 75% when I left, which would bump my efficiency down a little. Not sure what to make of that, somewhat surprising actually. Might just be noise though... 97-98% is pretty good.

And yeah, it's funny.. I endeavored to replace the crappy 175's the car had with RE92s because I was worried I would be annoyed with low fuel economy. Turns out it didn't matter, you don't get good fuel economy no matter what at 80MPH. I wasn't in a hypermiling mood lol.

Plus, there was a nasty head wind basically until the other side of the Siskiyous when heading back, destroyed MPG even further.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
^ I typically measure about 99% efficiency. That's was I use to estimate state of charge based on amp-hour counting. I think the more important measure would be energy efficiency rather than 'coulometric' (or whatever it is), though...

I got crappy fuel economy on the trip, lots of wind, and I think my tires inflated to ~37 psi rather than around 45 psi made at least a few MPG difference. I can usually make fuel economy pan-out to 72 mpg no matter what, but here I wasn't able to break about 67. Oh yeah, also, my assist wasn't working very well, throttled practically the whole time. Not sure what that's about, I think it might have to do with altitude - because it always seems to work fine, with light throttle, at sea level, but then takes a lot of throttle at higher altitudes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
DAMN! Why would I have missed this gathering? Right in my backyard. Too bad there wasn't someone who went thru the registered users and invited the locals. All the events have been halfway across the country in a car that doesn't have cruise control. This would have been the best.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
DAMN! Why would I have missed this gathering? Right in my backyard. Too bad there wasn't someone who went thru the registered users and invited the locals. All the events have been halfway across the country in a car that doesn't have cruise control. This would have been the best.
This was originally posted some time ago and died. Then it was reposted about a month ago and stayed pretty close to the top of the llist of topics. I am sorry you missed it. Especially as the ride up and back from Alameda is such a nice one. And the folks who showed up were defintely a cut above. We all had a grand time. And the museum tour was great. I'll be posting my pics shortly. There are others, too.

·
Premium Member
10,321 Posts
Missing the gathering is mostly your own fault. Visit the site once in a while, and you can be informed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)

·
Registered
33 Posts
^^^awesome photos. Thanks for sharing, boojum.

Really dig those cliffside shots.

BTW, who was the guy at the meet with the bad cluster? I forgot his name and I have the cluster just sitting here.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #160 (Edited)
^^^awesome photos. Thanks for sharing, boojum.

Really dig those cliffside shots.

BTW, who was the guy at the meet with the bad cluster? I forgot his name and I have the cluster just sitting here.
I didn't think the cliffside shots would be included. Oh, well. It's CA 1 in Big Sur. The bridge is very famous and has appeared in many films and photo shoots. I do not know about the cluster, Hopefully he will read your post and get in touch.

It was nice to meet you, and all the other guys, too. And thanks for bringing along the back deck carpet. I appreciate that a lot. Cheers.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts