Honda Insight Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it's the guy beside Richard Buck in the back row second from right of the group shot in courtyard
^^^awesome photos. Thanks for sharing, boojum.

Really dig those cliffside shots.

BTW, who was the guy at the meet with the bad cluster? I forgot his name and I have the cluster just sitting here.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Well, guys, it looks like we squeaked by just in time to beat the Corona-19 virus. More and more places are being locked down as the deaths rise. This will be a bad one. I've been in my home since I got back. The furthest I have ventured is the mailbox. At 80 I am being extra careful. I may have to spend the summer here. Better than spending it in a box. I sure am glad that we had the Insight meet in Danville. It seemed to work well for a lot of folks. It was relaxed and fun without the stress of having to run from one place to another. And free T-shirts! You can't beat that. I hope that we all remain healthy and can show up for the next West Coast Insight meet. And thanks to all of you who made it happen even if it was no more than showing up. Everybody made a positive contribution.

·
7,135 Posts
Right?! I guess so, I didn't even think about that among all the chaos and panic. We definitely lucked out.

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
Mike that needed the cluster got one and his car is back to normal.

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good thing our cars are good on gas. The stations are packed.

While the virus is indeed not something to scoff at, the panic itself is overblown.

Just glad I got to eat some rice at the taco place before supplies dried up, and glad I had a chance to use toilet paper in the bathroom.

Hope you guys are well! Be clean, stay safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I walked old town Danville one evening when we were there... all the sidewalk cafes were packed with customers.
I went to the CVS to get a small travel hand sanitizer and discovered that all were gone, likewise the pharmacy across the street. I was amazed and amused.
I’ll bet that quaint downtown is pretty quiet today.
That was the opening salvo of the hoarding phenomenon we’ve experienced since.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I lucked out on hand sanitizer. I've got quite a few bottles of surgical soap from when my shoulders were replaced with Teflon and titanium. I'm glad I held onto them. Wash with detergent to get the hands clean and then the surgical soap to sanitize them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I’m so glad you all had that before Covid hit. Sandy thanks for all you did. I missed it due to the proximity to our ( my wife n I ) departure date to tour Turkey. Our long anticipated visit there was cut short as we watched flights back begin to disappear. We feel we barely made it out and back day before yesterday. It was difficult to bump elbows goodbye with the many
wonderful kind friendly people we met there as they watched sadly while their country emptied out of visitors. Strange times indeed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I’m so glad you all had that before Covid hit. Sandy thanks for all you did. I missed it due to the proximity to our ( my wife n I ) departure date to tour Turkey. Our long anticipated visit there was cut short as we watched flights back begin to disappear. We feel we barely made it out and back day before yesterday. It was difficult to bump elbows goodbye with the many
wonderful kind friendly people we met there as they watched sadly while their country emptied out of visitors. Strange times indeed.
Eric, this was a group effort. My contribution was small and part of the whole. This is being honest, not falsely modest. I'm sorry you could not make it but really happy you got back home. Now all we need to hear is that you got through two weeks without getting sick.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sandy, I knew that. I could have been better acknowledging it in my post. I hope every one is safely hunkered down for the foreseeable future. We are fine for now. Staying well hydrated clean and separated from all our friends by six feet during happy hour.

161 - 173 of 173 Posts