Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2002 Insight CVT joined the IMA/Check Engine light club last week.

I disconnected the BCM using info from this forum and HybridAutomotive.com Battery Bypass instructions. This also served to get me familiar with the battery replacement procedure. I really miss the IMA performance boost.

My Honda Dealer quoted $2,650 to replace the battery, which isn't a bad price given some quotes I've seen here, but forum opinion clearly favors a new 8A aftermarket replacement. I expect to order a new battery this week.

Can anyone in the Washington DC metro area loan a lifting handle for the battery (http://99mpg.com/ProjectCars/insightbatterypack/)? I strained my back just last week and would like to avoid a repeat. I could also use an experienced helper. Saturday, 12 October is my target date for the replacement, but I can reschedule (and depends upon battery delivery).

Thanks!

UPDATE: Received a new 8Ah replacement battery from Hybrid ReVolt on Wednesday, installed today (solo, not as bad as I feared), and the IMA charge looks good. Hybrid ReVolt provided the installation directions from Honda, which I used together with the photo guide on the Hybrid Automotive web site (Honda Insight (2000-2006) - Battery Replacement). The only trivial adjustment was the new battery was shipped with the fan duct assembly detached.

I plan to road test this weekend.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Is there an aftermarket battery that is not 8ah?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts