Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I am interested in getting a front cover for my 2004 Insight, but they don't make it. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a cover made for another car, perhaps Acura, that will fit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,960 Posts
I assume you mean a "bra". Yes they are available. Check with "joe" in Orlando, Fla. (Lil Red 1)I think he has one because of the Fla. "love bugs" which are scheduled to come out shortly.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Carbras.com has one for the Insight. I don't personally have one so I can't comment on the quality or anything, but in the pictures they have on the site it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do car bras really help that much? I have heard folks complain about paint wear under them. I have considered one for our Subaru, to cut down on the paint chips it gets from the gravel trucks in the winter.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
From what I've heard if you just leave the bra on the car yes it will cause the paint to get worn down. They deffinitely do help with rock chips though. If I were doing long highway trips in mine I would deffinitely have one. I think the secret is to only put it on when needed and not just leave it on the car. IE go on a road trip with it and take it off when you get home and clean the car and the bra and probably put it on the shelf until you take another highway trip. Or at least take it off and clean/wax once in a while. The wear would happen after a few years of dust being trapped under neath it.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
well said Rick, I have a bra for my Insight, I only use it for long trips, here in the city I don't use it, when I bought it a thought it would lower the mileage, but it fits so good, I have not seen any mileage decrease.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dunno if it helps, but I've seen the transparent plastic ones that stick to the surface. You can hardly tall its there from a few feet back. Unfortunately I have no idea where to find these and its unlikely theres a custom fit for the insight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts