1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Applies only to original owner.

Does not cover any of the related components (controllers, etc.)

And in general "lifetime" warranties apply to the "lifetime" of the car, not the owner. The car company determines what a reasonable "lifetime" is, perhaps 15 years?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Also, what do they consider "failure?" Does the battery have to be totally toast? You could be stuck with a much degraded battery for years before they would replace it.

Remember, it ALWAYS holds that if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Also, what do they consider "failure?" Does the battery have to be totally toast? You could be stuck with a much degraded battery for years before they would replace it.

Remember, it ALWAYS holds that if it sounds too good to be true, it is.
You're probably right. I'm betting there is a lot of "fine print" in that policy.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I wouldnt trade your honda in for one just because of the warranty. You already know we can rebuild if not get an aftermarket battery for our cars. We dont know this about that model.

Interestingly enough when I went to try to trade my wrecked Honda in for the used prius they seemed to not know the battery warranty for the prius. One guy said it was covered under the emission warranty and pollution control. Another said they had a seperate warranty, a third said they warranty all used cars to 100k miles. Lastly a manager said they would not warranty the hybrid battery at all. Interestingly enough both prius 2 and the civic had a low charge on them on the lot.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Cobb
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing