Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My recently purchased 2000 MT Insight came with a code P1160 set. The previous owner had replaced the original LAF sensor in an attempt to remedy this, but apparently the code was returning. I haven't had a chance to investigate how long it takes to re-set after the code is cleared due to lockdown, but it's not in 15 minutes of idling or so.

I have the original 5-wire sensor removed by the PO, stamped NTK L2H2.

The replacement sensor fitted by the PO is stamped NTK LZA08-H6, which the internet tells me cross-references back to an NTK 24302 sensor.

If my google-fu is good, this car SHOULD be fitted with an NTK 24301, stamped LZA03.

Thoughts? I think I'm barking up the right tree here, I've experienced cars which are very picky about brand and model of oxygen/wideband sensor before, and will set a CEL if the sensor calibration is even slightly off. I'd like to hear some input from the hive mind before I drop money on a new sensor to replace a new sensor, though!

·
Administrator
11,457 Posts
You are right the cars are very picky about having the correct sensor.

There are loads of threads on LAF sensor on here, spend time trawling and reading to see if you reach a consensus.

I have several sensors kicking about, I might have a look at them later..

It will probably take several drive cycles to set sensitivity or incompatibility codes if the sensor doesn't have a terminal fault like dead heater etc. .

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read a lot of threads already, which is where the NTK 24301 came from - I've only found one mention of a 24302 sensor on here, which did not suggest problems, but was also a temporary fitment.

If you wouldn't mind having a look at any sensors you may have (especially if they're known good or bad), I'd be grateful!

My scan tool didn't show any pending DTCs during the 15 minute idle, but I agree that only tells me that the LAF is returned a reading as opposed to having an active fault - I guess it tells me the wiring is OK. At the moment I can't take it for a longer drive to dig further into the problem, but I agree it will take several cycles actually driving the vehicle to trigger the code if it is based on calibration issues.

·
Administrator
11,457 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts