Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The O2 sensor on my 04 came hardwired. There is blue, white, and two blacks.

I am troubleshooting some O2 errors and want to confirm a few simple things....

Are the two black wires interchangeable? Like both ground? If not what would be a sign they are reversed?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Still trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this can't be a good sign....seems the other two are ok but the one that is hard wires shows close to 0 volts.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I am just talking to my self here but I think I have this fixed.

The whole O2 sensor codes plus no IMA assist isnt a myth they are linked.

So I went right to assuming it was the o2 sensor so went to replace it matching the hard wiring that they did previously. It seemed to reduce some of the codes but still the p0171 and no IMA assist.....so I go through the wiring manual and looking online to cross references for 3rd party O2 sensors. All the connections seems to match but after using a multi meter it seemed the signal wires were reversed.

So pull apart the cables reverse them. Reset everything. Take it for a ride and BOOM IMA starts working again and after driving around for about 45 mins no codes and almost Emissions ready (but it was getting too dark)

Going to try to finish getting it emissions ready tomorrow and make sure it passes.

(For sale thread on hold for now
)

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was a member on this forum back in 2008 with a different screen name,back then tis forum was very active.Now every day there is less and less members.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a member on this forum back in 2008 with a different screen name,back then tis forum was very active.Now every day there is less and less members.
Well as long as someone is backing the forum up thats all i worry about. It was between searching here and online that helped me get it solved.

·
Registered
461 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
devin1955
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing