Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short a back in March the check engine light came on and turns out the O2 sensor was faulty and had it replace on the extended warranty. About 1000 miles later check engine light comes on again, once again shows O2 sensor as being faulty, they tell me they checked the sensor and its fine. They call Honda Tech and their told to replace the fuel ingectors which they did and all covered by the extended warranty. Now here we are again check engine light comes on and yep, same thing, this time they were told by Honda Tech to clean the EGR valve and see if that solves the problem. I'm about 4000 miles and a few monthes away from the extended warranty running out so I've been hoping for lots of things to go wrong not the same thing over and over. Its a pain taking the car in over and over but the cost to me has only be $50 so I can't complain. Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
They need to do an _actual_ O2 performance test. A bit more difficult with an LAF type O2 sensor (the Insights variety).

See:

My 150,000km Insight Review
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... c&start=75

If it is _confirmed that the sensor itself is repeatedly failing then poisioning is a definite possibility. i.e "bad" gas (HIGH sulphur content, or other potential poisons (for the O2 sensor ;) ).

HTH! :)

[sp edit]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told after I took it in the second time that the sensor that was replaced the first time around was tested and it wasn't faulty and Honda Tech told them to replace the fuel injectors. I pick the car up today and we'll see if the light comes on again, seems to come on after 1000 miles. At least I'm getting new stuff along the way and my extended warranty has more then paid for itself.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Gary said:
To make a long story short a back in March the check engine light came on and turns out the O2 sensor was faulty...<snip>
Gary said:
I was told after I took it in the second time that the sensor that was replaced the first time around was tested and it wasn't faulty...<snip>
Enough basic contradictory information for me to:

1) Know I can't be of any help until what is posted is more reliable. :?

2) RUN away from whatever repair shop is doing the work. Reads like their just "throwing" parts at your Insight. :|

3) Good luck :!: :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts