Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've started this thread as the old one was huge and it was time for a new start.

Attached as my present for the community this Christmas is new firmware for the OBDIIC&C gauge and the associated pdf user manual.
There is a lot of new stuff and many changes in the way it operates so please RTM "Read the manual" before posting questions.

Highlights include:

Ability to read ABS,SRS,EPS dtc's.
Ah/Wh timing problem fixed.
New smarter menu system.
New alternating 16 parameter display option with adjustable page time..
User selectable amp hack %.
user selectable voltage hack %.
User selectable 12v voltage compensation %.
Skip startup splash/obd and/or readiness screens options.
Now reads upto 9 OBDII codes on startup. (Prev 3)
Ipu fan test mode.
Backup and restore all parameters and configuration options.
Automatic battery fan status re-included. Remembers fan setting for use at next startup.
Remembers backlight setting.
Better IMAC&C P&P integration.
Loads of bux fixes and program enhancements. Reports welcome.

The gauge also now refreshes slightly faster at 4.66hz compared to 4hz prev.
Not all of it is tested in depth, simply no time. Over to you for that.
I still have about 14k out of 64k memory space left in the pic for the remaining DTC databases once I get round to it.

Anyway wishing you all a great christmas and happy new year.

Peter

PS as requested.

Link to the parts spreadsheet.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UoVmGtfMLnfP1Y3XItyYllM-9JlMSTHepPaEBIGz19o/edit?hl=en_US#gid=0

Latest schematic attached with some minor changes. (Note this has four CAN connections which can be ignored,)
It uses the same pcb as the original and will function fine with the current software in either this or the old schematic configuration.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
OBDIIC&C Schematic & Parts List

So I don't have to look through 284 pages, and in an effort on help future buyers, can you please post an up-to-date schematic and an up-to-date Mouser (I assume this supplier since you've used it before) BOM component list for this unit. I assume it would include the display. I'll be ordering a board in the new year. Thanks. Merry Christmas

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The manual I posted contains clickable links to the google docs parts spreadsheet & bom..
The spreadsheet then contains links to the schematic. ;)
But I have added them to my first post as well..

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excel Help

I need to analyse/sort some data but am rubbish with excel.
Attached is a data file with bodged macro.

I want to edit the macro or create a new one to split the large column of data in sheet 1 so that whenever $20 followed by $05 occurs it copies it and the subsequent data to a row in sheet 2 as below.

20 05 ab 23 45 de f6 blah blah
20 05 xx xx xx xx xx etc etc
20 05 cd 43 xx xx xx xx xx

Anyone help?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Found some code that might work. PM sent.

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Give this a try. This is my first ever attempt at VBA... :)

It does require that the first two rows contain 0x20 and 0x05, and it will stop upon hitting the first empty cell.

Upon running, the output appears correct based on spot checking. 54 strings starting with 0x20 & 0x05 were extracted. 898 rows contain data in sheet 1 and 898 cells contain data in sheet 2 using COUNTA(range) function to check.

I was racking my brain until I started thinking in terms of the 0x20 and 0x05 sequence as indicating a "carriage return" to start a new line. I tried several variations on just 0x20, and it went nowhere many times as the single instances of 0x20 NOT followed by a 0x05 would throw a wrench into it.

Basically just transpose everything until the 0x20 + 0x05 sequence is encountered and then reset target column to 1 and go to the next row.

Sub transpose()
Dim sourceRow, targetRow, targetColumn As Integer

' find first empty row in target sheet
targetRow = 1
While (Sheets(2).Cells(targetRow, 1) <> "")
targetRow = targetRow + 1
Wend

sourceRow = 1
targetColumn = 1
targetRow = 0
Do
'if the current cell is "0x20" then check to see if the next row is "0x05"
If (Sheets(1).Cells(sourceRow, 1) = "0x20") Then
If (Sheets(1).Cells(sourceRow + 1, 1) = "0x05") Then
'if it is, then start a new line by incrementing th erow and resetting column to 1
targetRow = targetRow + 1
targetColumn = 1
End If
End If
'transpose the cells in increment sourcerow and target column
Sheets(2).Cells(targetRow, targetColumn) = Sheets(1).Cells(sourceRow, 1)
sourceRow = sourceRow + 1
targetColumn = targetColumn + 1

Loop Until (Sheets(1).Cells(sourceRow, 1) = "") 'stop when input cell is empty

End Sub

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That looks good thanks...

Edit(Works) I can modify that for other scenarios..

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Thanks for all your work on this, Peter...

Reading through the manual I came across this, page 5 bottom right, not sure exactly what it means:

"Note: Ah/Wh counting takes place only when the display is active in the main eight parameter display screen mode. Counting is not supported in the extended 16 parameter alternating display mode. Also the ‘Bam’ parameter must be active on the main parameter screen for counting to function."

Does it mean that, if one chooses the 16 parameter mode, amp-hour counting doesn't work at all?

Or, does it mean that amp-hours are counted only when the first 0-7 parameter screen is active, assuming Bam is one of the parameters, i.e. when the screen flips to parameters 8-15 it's not counting amp-hours - even if you have Bam as a parameter in both screens?

Or something else?

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eq1.. I hadn't considered having 'Bam' on both screens so it may work like that, try it..

If the second screen is active and 'Bam' is not one of the parameters it will not take a current reading during that time and will under read ah/wh by 50%.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I'll try it, sure, but I probably wouldn't be able to tell if it were working or not - I'd have no real way of verifying the measurement, the calculation... If it were really a strict 50% deficit having Bam on screen 1 only, it'd be easy enough to just double whatever count is displayed at the end of trips (as I use it). But if the counter only counts when the screen is active with Bam as one of the parameters, on one screen or both screens, then it seems like the time during which the screens are alternating, current isn't being counted and the counts for trips could become inaccurate to some ill-defined extent...

If I start a heavy assist event, for example, and screen 1 is ON, and I have it set to 16 parameters, and Bam is a parameter for screen 1 but not 2, the only time current is being counted is when screen 1 is ON. Correct? If so, it seems like I could miss some undefined amount of current - depending on how long I've set the alternating screen delay time, for instance, and when the assist event stops and starts... And then, if I have Bam as a parameter in both screens 1 and 2 and counting works during both screens, it still sounds like I could miss counts during the intervals when screens are switching...

I use amp-hour counts religiously. It's very useful for tracking the true state of charge, getting a read on pack condition/optimization, self discharge, etc...

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The screen split time is exactly 50% in the alternating mode.
So as you say just double it.
Over longer periods missed current etc will even out..

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sam12345 the User manual link is working for me and others. Must be your end or an IC problem.

Re the amps in - amps out.

That's possible for the next release, i'll add it as a special parameter.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So the bold part that says "Read The Manual" is supposed to be the link? Because it does not work only other link i see is the schematic link

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
The bold text is not a link. You should see a box at the bottom of the post with 3 linked, attached documents. If you're not logged in you might not see the attachments though, I think... edit: OK, well, I logged out and I see the attachments but not able to download...

1 - 20 of 294 Posts