Honda Insight Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Check Engine Light On

Hello Peter,
yes it`s been a while but now i have to get deeper into the ODB2C&C issue because i have my "check engine light" on but no ODB Code is displayed at the start of my ODB2C&C unit.

I have the 050118V01G and checked the 030118V01F Manual.
Is there a 050118V01G manual?

I read that "the ODB codes display on startup may be enabled or disabled in the configuration Menu"
How can i enable ODB codes display on startup?
After booting my gauge shows the "readiness tests" and all the values are "0".

Electronics is a mystery for me... :D ...or maybe i just have to get used to it!?

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Map or Load controlled assist increase.
Someone? asked me about this functionality for those with bigger packs.

I.E. They wanted the car to assist more without them having to manually command it, especially at low throttle levels.

TPS 0-100% 0-255
MAP or LOAD 0-100% 0-255
USER 0-100% 0-255

How do we want to set the relationship between them?

Do we need to include SOC so it reduces this activity as the battery depletes or do we just want it on/off. (Remember we don't know the soc of most of these lithium conversions)

It might be useful for some users to enable there OBDIIC&C's to display these parameters and then take notes at various throttle levels/rpms etc so we can get some baseline figures.

We also have an IMA assist request byte parameter Ikwavailable that tells us what the ECM is requesting.

Comments.....
I really like the idea of IMA torque control by pedal. Though I think an additional control can be nice as auxiliary input (e.g. Chevy Bolt / Opel Ampera-E with paddle for commanding additional regen, or Smart ForTwo ED with paddle shifters that shift the regen curve to more/less aggressive modes)

With respect to the accelerator pedal, I would have a few variables that can be set by the user:
Max regen amount (kW? Nm? %?) - How much regen you get when you lift off the pedal (user can set to zero)
Regen end point (% TPS) - As you press accel pedal towards this point, regen ramps down to 0
Assist start point (% TPS) - Once pedal passes this point, assist starts increasing.
Max assist point (% TPS) - % pedal travel at which max assist is commanded
Max assist amount (kW? Nm? %?) - Amount of assist commanded at max assist point.

Note: If regen end point != assist start point, then there will be a "dead zone" (just like OEM - regen is only way at the top of the pedal, and assist only happens under heavy throttle).

This is purely speculation/assumption, but I'd be concerned that calculating torque command from MAP/Load would result in unexpected/inconsistent/non-linear amounts of assist/regen, which could be a safety/performance concern. It might be best to stay as close as possible to driver input (TPS), as opposed to MAP/load which I assume vary not only by driver input but also by ICE operating principles/parameters.

Then again, this doesn't consider other use cases. Maybe someone wants to tweak IMA output to provide a more linear Load vs TPS curve or something.

Another concern I have is that a 250ms data repeat rate sounds a little slow. Is TPS value available any faster than that?

Far be it for me to talk - I still need to buy imac&c pnp. My original imac&c is sitting on my desk gathering dust.

--

Separate topic- Auto75%SOC doesn't seem to work on my obdiic&c.

Also, is there anything I can do to help find the right PID for ECM System Voltage (Esv)? I think I wasn't the only person getting the wrong value (2002 US MT car)

·
Registered
483 Posts
After weeks of troubleshooting, I think I finally realized why I've been unable to get ANY firmware to work properly on my OBDIIC&C except for V01J... When @retepsnikrep posted the LDR mod I made the suggested changes including switching to the PIC18F2680.

Well, every single firmware in this thread is for the PIC18F2620 except for V01J which was posted for the PIC18F2680!

So, if anyone else has issues with the LCD not lighting up, only showing two black rows, or hiragana hi ヒ (looks like a lowercase t) between labels and values (instead of space/+/-)...

Peter: Do you have any newer firmware builds for the PIC18F2680?

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Sorry I don't have any more recent 18F2680 code ASFAIK.

IIRC I used that chip because it had CAN functionality in my early experiments with that.
Talking to the HCH2 etc.

I use the 18F2620 as the standard OBDIIC&C chip.

That should work with the most recent posted code.
But note the LDR functionality is not in all versions, and may not be in the latest.

I'm busy working with the BCM replacer so won't be looking at the OBDIIC&C code for some time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
No problem. I ordered another 2620 and am up and running with all 3 devices, obdiic&c + imac&c + joystick, playing together nicely now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
3.5mm female-to-male adapter products

Sorry if this post is misplaced; a search of the whole forum gives no results.

This thread seems to have lots of electronics-savvy readers, so...

I have 2011 Insight with no Navigation. Maybe the last car in history with no Bluetooth?

4 years+ have just used smartphone and earbuds for audio. Now with a regular passenger, I'd like to use the sound system with my Android. The USB connector fits but display says "unrecognized".

I see 3.5mm female-to-male patch cords advertised, but I'd rather check to see if there is experience using them. Will it work with the Aux port and just turn the car sound system into an aux speaker? Mainly I wonder if there is clearance in the dash adapter port for an off-the-shelf fixture; seems it might be too small for a generic part.

Really not interested in $$ Bluetooth add-on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to purchase one of these scan tools and can’t find a link to get one who sells these now with the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
SCS Connection on OBDII Diagnostic connector

I have a US car. If I don't connect the SCS line to the OBDIIC&C what would be the impact? Currently SCS is connected to he PIC Processor I/O pin through a 330 ohm resistor. Best I can tell it would just not be able to force the diagnostic codes or not be able to report the status of the SCS line? Would there be any other side effects? Would it be best to leave this line disconnected or tie it Vcc via a resistor?

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
If you have a US car and the SCS line is present at the OBDII socket why don't you want to connect it to the OBDIIC&C?
Am I misunderstanding something?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good question. I have a a nicely concealed cable in the dash but one of the 5 conductors is open - i don’t want to replace it just now as it was a pain but still want to use the ob2c&c - looking for a quick hack.

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
You can ignore/disconnect the scs line if you don't want to use it.
Use that wire for something else then.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
What does the Flashing T mean in the right top of the screen? I just upgraded to ODBIIC&C_V01N_2620_170119_ZIP.pdf. Searched a bit and could not find out what this meant. Goes away when I press in the clutch or brake.
unnamed.jpg

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
It means you have IMAC&C mode enabled in the menus but no IMAC&C joystick attached.
Disable it by setting the menu item to zero 0
Also set max assist option to zero if it is set otherwise

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
retepsnikrep in old thread post 286 said:
I'm wondering if either of these or both (linked below) would work with the OBDIIC&C. The first one appears to be at least similar to what you have listed above, a non-contact, infrared sensor, while the second one corresponds to a part number you have listed in one of the iterations of the OBDIIC&C manual - looks like either a contact or ambient-type sensor. Would both of these work equally well with OBDIIC&C? I think I might like to have a temperature sensor for my DIY 12V battery, likely enclosed in the case with the cells...

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
I'm wondering if either of these or both (linked below) would work with the OBDIIC&C. The first one appears to be at least similar to what you have listed above, a non-contact, infrared sensor, while the second one corresponds to a part number you have listed in one of the iterations of the OBDIIC&C manual - looks like either a contact or ambient-type sensor. Would both of these work equally well with OBDIIC&C? I think I might like to have a temperature sensor for my DIY 12V battery, likely enclosed in the case with the cells...

Both could or should work, or could be made too.

I haven't looked at or used that code/option for years so you can try it,
if it doesn't work we would then have to look at the code to find out why.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
OK, thanks. I'll report back here or in a new thread dedicated to that functionality of the OBDIIC&C if/when I try it... I was thinking about gathering all the bits and pieces about the melexis temp sensor/i2c in the older OBDIIC&C thread and adding it to a new thread - because I'm thinking that, overall, that functionality would be pretty cool if it were just easier to implement.

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
241 - 260 of 288 Posts