Honda Insight Forum banner

301 - 306 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm curious, what is the latest hardware version (my board says 1.00 on the back)? What is the latest firmware version as well (mine is .76)?

·
Administrator
11,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
The OBDIIC&C PCB is still version 1.00. It's proven to be very versatile and reliable.

The processor wa originally a PIC 16F886, this changed about 8 years ago to a PIC18F2620.

If you want CAN (LTO) functionality you need an PIC 18F2680

There are many firmware versions but for the 18F2620 we are upto

ODBIIC&C_V01N_2620_170419 or
ODBIIC&C_V01N_2620_030120_US1

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just pulled her apart and I've got the later PIC18F2620. Just a quick question about programmers. I have this programmer, which I've never used before: KEE Electronics Microchip ICD2.5 with PIC programmer

It has a 6PIN interface ICSP output in this order: VPP, VCC, GND, PGD, PGC, PGM. I'm assuming I'm not going to need the VPP pin, however even them I'm not certain on the orientation as it can be plugged in either way. I do not see any information on the pinout in the manual. I'll go see if I can look at the schematics actually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That programmer and MPLAB worked great. PGM pin on the programmer was not used. Now to read through the manual since it actually follows my firmware version. My firmware was so old that some of the manual was way off compared to what I was seeing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I'm going to print off some decals that will label the joystick functions (up, down, left, right) that will go over/around the button. My brain can't remember all the function when I'm not constantly using them. Would anyone be interested in one? I'm located in the US.

301 - 306 of 306 Posts