Honda Insight Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
If you want that flag feature you will have to upgrade to the current version in due course when I add it. It's not practical to add new features to old versions...
Right, that's what I figured... I'm upgrading now anyway, just to try out the newer version...

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I tried the new version. It generally seemed to work, but, among other things, I wasn't able to find the parameter selection menu, and when I think I did, by accident, I was inadvertently changing parameters, i.e. I couldn't tell what I was doing but I was doing something. I had to re-load my old version...

Basically, this version is a lot different than what I'm used to. Seems like there's a lot of menus, choices that I wouldn't use but which are more front and center, while the things I would use are obscure.

Looks like the parameter readouts are all 4 digits now - is that right? For example, where SoC in the past might've been 75.2, it's now 0752. I find that harder to read, though I could get used to it.

When I tried to navigate to the SoC reset menu, I couldn't seem to select it - but toggling the joy switch changed the SoC anyway, with no feedback in the immediate screen. When I flipped back to the main screen it was like, 'Oh, SoC did change. How'd I do that?.'

I couldn't figure out what a menu having to do with Alf and Rlf was for...

Is this version substantially different from, say, the previous version? Maybe I'm not understanding what this version was for...

In any event, I don't think I'd be moving to this version, so you can disregard my request to add blinking LED and beep for Alf and Rlf to it.

If all the newer versions are like this, like versions within the last couple years, maybe I'll load it again and more methodically try to navigate, operate the device. I spent about half an hour trying to set it up like my previous version, and figure out how to access the functionality that I use on a daily basis. I couldn't do it...

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Yes it's massively different with lots of extra functionality for LTO stuff etc.
Maybe I will get the manual done over winter. Read up on it on the LTO threads.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is is possible to have leading zeros removed or even to make leading zeros an option in the menu?
(crossposted from the ODBIIC&C LTO CAN bus thread)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Separately, after the latest firmware upgrade I noticed that a few pixels in the left column are not displaying:

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
Separately, after the latest firmware upgrade I noticed that a few pixels in the left column are not displaying:
View attachment 88303
That's a hardware problem (intermittent contact fault) with your LCD screen not the firmware, try drying the gauge out the lcd internal contacts can get damp.

Does pressing the lcd make segments come back?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Would someone be able to point me to a thread with full parts list for building a new ODBIIC&C?

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I used this list that was floating around, its old and you will have to find the equivalent parts for the parts that became obsolete and new parts came out. You can easily substitute though, it doesn't have to be exactly the same part.

You will also have to update the main CPU to the new updated CPU to use with LTO, and also some of the LTO modifications that were done if you need those, you will have to find that in the many pages of the IMAC&C OBD2 modified for LTO thread.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
OBDII C&C Blob

I have two of these devices, and the display of one of them started "growing" a blob this summer and it continues to slowly grow. I have looked through the components list and found options for a new display, but am curious if there might be other components that should be replaced in connection with the display.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Has anyone found a compatible display with a backlight color that more closely matches the orange color of the stock Insight climate control and radio displays?

·
Registered
2000 mt
26 Posts
im still trying to figure out how to change the displayed values and make the flags on the right show up i have the most recent update

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
This spreadsheet by John (y) will help people looking for the gauge parameters and menu options lists.

Rename the attached pdf to xls or xlsx to open.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
This video might help people struggling with OBDIIC&C parameters and screen position.
It's complicated.. Sorry... :oops: I even confuse myself!!

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
It seems to me that the 16 parameter setup has gotten just TOO complicated. I have resisted the urge to upgrade for this reason. (In fact I saw one member here sell their gauge because it was too complicated for them to set up.)

Your YouTube helps a lot, but if one thinks it through, a YouTube is somewhat inconvenient if one wants to make changes while in the car. (Yeah, I know it could be accessed from a smart phone, but one is now dealing with two fidgety gadgets at the same time;) )

Early on in OBDII C&C history, some U.K. gent make a flow chart which essentially encompassed what you have shown in the YouTube. I found that immensely helpful and used it for years - until it became obsolete. I copied the chart to paper, along with the parameter list on another sheet. I had the two pages laminated back-to-back and kept the full 8.5x11 chart in my car. I wonder if someone would be interested in composing a flow chart for all the joystick clicks/bumps so that such a chart could be built again. Immensely helpful:)

Reactions: ZE101

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,202 Posts
@jime. Post that old flow chart so I can have an idea of what you're talking about. I have an idea of how to help but I'd like to see that first.

·
Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
I'm looking, but as you know the archive is huge and it is difficult to find effective search terms:(

I have it in my hand, but I can't find any search clues. I probably trimmed the pages before laminating. I may just have to take a picture and send that to you.;)

341 - 360 of 383 Posts