Honda Insight Forum banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Love this device, just got it hooked up this past week and have been tinkering around. I love the lean burn LED indicator, and I can confirm that monitoring these readouts is addictive! I might do something different for the 5-way button controller, such as 5 dedicated buttons, or something closer to a game controller directional pad, but that's not really a huge concern. I do have a few questions though!

Cheers!
I was having trouble with the 5-way switch in that when I just wanted to 'press' the button I would usually hit one of the 4 other positions first.

What I did was to add an additional normally off, small momentary push switch to the bottom of the case to act as a bottom mounted push switch.

You basically just wire the two leads from the new switch to the PCB where the normal push switch leads are soldered to the board.

To see where the two wires are connected to the OBDIIc&c PCB click on the CRX note below and go to my website. Then click on the Insight picture and then select "OBDII hacks".

Problem solved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Insight I bought Friday came with an OBDIIC&C, which I just plugged in (had to do a search on here to find where the connector is hidden) and it is showing V0.78 at start up, which I believe means it's quite old, and the startup screen looks quite different to the picture in the current owners manual (I couldn't find a V0.78 manual).

I think I am probably best to just update the software rather than spend time mucking about with the old version, but I've no experience with PIC programming (although I've been playing around with an Arduino recently). I've found these PIC programmers on Ebay, but they have 6 pin headers, so not sure if they do the same thing as the one linked to in the manual:

Do these look OK? I'm happy making up a new cable if needed or, with the first one, could I pop the PIC out and plug it into the programming board?

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
If V78 works in your car then use that perhaps until you need one of the new functions.

I can't speak for those programmers, they look like they might work though.

381 - 383 of 383 Posts