Honda Insight Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
@Natalya - If you're going to be making more than a few of these... It worked out really well for me at work having an external harness house make our wiring harnesses. I don't know the prices - I just generated the schematics (well, I made the tool that generated the schematics), but my boss said it was really cheap - even for one-off jobs. I guess it's a question of your hourly worth vs their rates, and I know it can be fun/soothing to zone out and do a bunch of crimping.

But these places have fully automated wire cutters, strippers, and crimpers. They plug in the lengths and let the machines do the tedious stuff - though there is always some manual work involved. They can probably get genuine connector housings/pins cheaper than we can get knockoffs for too. Plus they should have actual CAN-spec cabling with the appropriate twists and such.

I'm in the SF bay area, but there must be shops near you too. You should see if you can get a tour and bring along your handmade harness - it should be fun/cool. Well, maybe not right now with covid, but my team really enjoyed our tour, and we learned a lot too. I think this is the company we worked with:

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
If you are interested in the CAN MITM HCH2/CRZ stuff you will need to keep an eye on the below thread.
No point posting it in two places..

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,103 Posts
OBD2C&C Parameters
I made a spreadsheet with all of the latest OBD2C&C Menu items and ECM and MCM parameters. I have listed the parameters sorted by decimal number and by description alpha order. The attachment must be changed to an excel format (.xlsx) for it to be readable. Manipulate it to get one's desired format.
EDIT: updated 13Oct2020 @ 2:25 EST

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #305 (Edited)
New OBDIIC&C PIC18F2680 LTO CAN code 13/10/2020.

It's set for my UK 72 cell LTO car.
IMAC&C P&P is OFF.
Current hack is set +40%

If in the US you normally go into the menu on first run and change... (See note below!)

1) The country/year defaults. (Gauge will immediately reboot)
2) LTO ID's
3) IMAC&C P&P config if it's fitted.
4) Temp Display C/F
5) Anything else you want...

It has a couple of useful improvements.

1) CAN bus error filtering and bad packet rejection.
This should greatly reduce/eliminate spurious errors and alarms caused by bad CAN frames/packets.

2) Menu delay implemented to slow it down when scrolling!

Please post feedback. Thanks

Rename attached file to hex as usual.

Note..

No changes have been made to the Eeprom data in this version.

It should be possible to install this updated firmware over the previous version (post 267) without having to set the gauge up again from scratch afterwards. ;)

To try this untick the 'EEPROM data enabled' option in the pickit programmer software before programming.

If you don't have the previous firmware loaded or it doesn't work as expected you will have to tick the 'EEPROM data enabled' option, program again and set the gauge up as normally.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,103 Posts
Thanks for updating the X parameters to US cars. Makes them useful. I updated the parameters in Post #304

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Thanks for updating the X parameters to US cars. Makes them useful. I updated the parameters in Post #304
Not quite sure what you mean?

The X (fixed) ECM parameters always change depending on which country/year you set.

Can we get it but without the menu delay? I really loved how fast it scrolled.
For the next version I will add a Menu scrolling speed variable.

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
OK just for Natalya. :)

This 13/10/2020 V02 has adjustable menu speed.

The redundant menu entry "AmbientLight Lv" has been replaced with "Menu Delay Ms"

This is a variable 0-255ms and also affects the Menu item +/- increment and decrement speed.

It's set at 100ms by default which seems reasonable.
You can adjust it anywhere between Slug like 255ms or Road Runner 0ms....

Note. As you adjust this and go higher the variable increment speed gets slower and slower and vice versa.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,103 Posts
The 9 Sept code the X variables came from the UK version; the one you changed to has the US version X parameters. You said that was the one you used, I took that to be the most up-to-date. Apparently it was the UK version (makes sense.)
You mention above, "This 13/10/2020 V02 has adjustable menu speed.
The redundant menu entry "AmbientLight Lv" has been replaced with "Menu Delay Ms" " What other changes were made? do you have a written-down list of the 13/10 V02 menu items?

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
What other changes were made? do you have a written-down list of the 13/10 V02 menu items?
Everything is the same except that one menu entry. No I don't.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,952 Posts
@retepsnikrep
Hey Peter, any ideas what might cause the gauge to turn off randomly? Noise on the 12V system? Failing voltage regulator? The gauge sometimes turns off and back on, or other times has some of the parameters drop to 0 then back up.

Most likely to occur during regen. Somewhat likely to occur if exiting Auto-Stop and then hammering Assist.
I don't think it ever happens during Auto-Stop.
Doesn't seem to be related to bumps in the road.
May be related to engine RPM?

Basically the gauge turns off then back like immediately, goes through the startup screen, etc. I'm wondering if I need a filter cap between the +12V and ground or something. I'm using the car's white/red always hot line, like the OBDII port usually uses.

ALSO:
Do we know if the LTO BMS can accidentally be powered by parasitic powering on the CAN lines?

·
Administrator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #319 (Edited)
This is a rambling 15 minute overview video for the OBDIIC&C LTO CAN and the current firmware.

Unfortunately this video has been rotated 90 degrees by Youtube (and they removed the rotate buttons) but you can turn off rotate on your phone or tablet and watch it or turn your head 90 degrees.. Sorry..

Oh I did correct one small bug in the Temperature C to F conversion routine.
The issue only affected temperatures below freezing when being converted.

It will appear in the next firmware release.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Peter I am on the latest version now and am receiving CAN data from my LTO packs. Relieved to find all unique IDs on my packs. Delta voltage runs around 25-30 with occasional spikes due to assist/charge.

Is is possible to have leading zeros removed or even to make leading zeros an option in the menu?

(edit, crossposting this to the main ODBIIC&C thread)

301 - 320 of 336 Posts