Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Sort of Jime.
Using the interrogator is easy as it has the LTO BMS plugs, so you can just plug into the BMS tails.
If you don't have them you have to hardwire to your BMS blocks/harness in some way.
It also has dedicated firmware so is easy to use. Plug in read ID, rinse & repeat.

The firmware upgrade for the LTO OBDIIC&C CAN isn't free.
It's the same price as the original hire price for the Interrogator firmware $25.
You save money and time by not hiring the interrogator or sending your boards away and I still make a few bucks.
If I had kept a record of the hours I've put into the software it would be..... $$$$

Software updates for the
BCM Interceptor,
IMAC&C P&P Slave,
BCM Interceptor to HLine Interface
Remain FOC and the firmware will be posted when testing is completed.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
when is the software available and how will you assure it remains closed to those who buy it. How will this work and when will it start?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
I will assume people are honest, will paypal me and I will send them the firmware.
It can start when people are ready to implement or install it.

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Video describing some additions and mods for the LTO CAN OBDIIC&C.

3 x 0.01uf caps
1 x 1k resistor
1 x 100k resistor
12V Feed Switch
Cruise Button

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
is the electronic cruise you've engineered take the place of having to install a Rostra cruise? If one already has the Rostra will the electronic one supplement it, i.e. both used together?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
It does not replace a rostra.
IMA Cruise only uses the electric motor and you still have to manually apply some throttle
I have never owned a rostra so have no idea how they would interact.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
in watching the video in post #84 you mention an orange wire for the charger output. I don't remember that being mentioned before. Can you please explain the function/use of that. Are the 3 x 0.01uf capacitors across the power necessary with the CANBUS board or generally good practice?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I was getting interference on the H/KLIne without the caps.

The charger output line is a 5V 20ma logic hi/lo connection into the pic.
It can be used to turn on/off an external charger when used with an appropriate drive/relay circuit.
It can be turned on/off (set high/low) in the menu and turns off (goes low) when a cell goes high V or the pack goes high V.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
do you have updated OBD2C&C code for a 72 cell LTO system that queries the different sensor board addresses and monitors the individual cell voltages?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
I loaded the code into my OBD2C&C. Once the device went through the splash screens it ended up on what I suspect is the quary screen with info. I moved from 12-pack 1 to 12-pack 4 and got the same information. I then switched the wires going from the daisy-chained sensor boards and got the same information. Each time I unplugged the device then plugged back in.

JM_LTO pack.jpg

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
I guess it's possible the four boards have the same address but what are the odds?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
That is not the query screen.

Did you press to get into the menu?
Did you ensure only one board was connected at a time?

When you are in the main screen. (After the startup screens you have 5 options)

1) Press up to restart device.
2) Press left to go into flag modes.

3) Press right to change display screen. (There are several to cycle through!)
One for the main parameters.
One for the secondary parameters.
One for each LTO block. (6 for you once it is set up correctly)
One for the LTO summary.

4) Press down to into IMA mode, SOC, FAN etc.
5) Press centre to go into menu.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
That is not the query screen.

Did you press to get into the menu? No, came up automatically after several splash screens. After reading this I pressed Center to get into the main screen (see below)

Did you ensure only one board was connected at a time? YES

Press right to change display screen. (There are several to cycle through!)
One for the main parameters.
One for the secondary parameters.
One for each LTO block. (6 for you once it is set up correctly)
One for the LTO summary.
Don't remember seeing a summary on one page.
block 0.jpg block 1.jpg block 2.jpg block 3.jpg block 4.jpg block 5.jpg First.jpg Second.jpg third.jpg

Block 4 $0203; Block 5 $0204; Block 0 $0209; Block 1 $020A; Block 2 $020B; Block 3 $020C

$0203; $0204; $0209; $020A; $020B; $020C
looks as if I have all different boards?

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
They are probably my ID's

Did you go into the menu then scroll to LTO ID command then select it as I said in the e-mail?

Go into the "Lto BMS Id Info" option in the menu and attach each block separately in turn to your harness.

Take a picture of each block ID screen.

Write down the hex and decimal ids on paper and on the blocks. Mail the ID data/pics to me for info..
Once you have all your block ID's you have to go into the menu and change my ID's for your ID's

Do it in order, lowest to highest id's.

Lowest ID in first "LTO BMS ID 0" menu spot.

Block ID's in the menu are in decimal.

Examples. So for..

hex ID $204 = $04 = Decimal 4 (Set block id to 04)
hex ID $20C = $0C = Decimal 12 (Set block id to 12)

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
the LTO ID screens were already populated with the information. There are also screens for Block 6 & 7 which don't exist.
I connected all boards and shot pics. No info present. screen shots are named.
BMS ID 6-7.jpg BMS ID Info.jpg Interim screen 1.jpg Interim screen 2.jpg Live screen count.jpg LTO ID 0.jpg LTO ID 1-6.jpg Cell and pack info.jpg

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
There are 8 slots (0-7) for BMS ID's as the OBDIIC&C can talk to upto 8 blocks.. 96 cells.
The information already present are my defaults ID's, not yours.

If nothing happened at the 'waiting for BMS' screen then your boards are not talking to the OBDIIC&C.
You need to check the BMS boards are powered with 12V and that the CAN lines are the right way round.

·
Super Moderator
7,989 Posts
If nothing happened at the 'waiting for BMS' screen then your boards are not talking to the OBDIIC&C.
I believe this to be the case, since you have not determined the ID of your individual BMS boards asaik. This is an essential step. We spoke about this earlier.

There are two ways to resolve this; first, you could remove the BMS boards and ship them to me for ID determination or, second, you could make an arrangement with Peter to have the BMS ID Interrogator shipped to you.

·
Administrator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Jime the firmware version I sent to John has the interrogator function built in, so your post is not correct in this instance.

The waiting screen means it's trying to find the ID of an attached BMS board.

It's not working because of a hardware issue at Johns end.

·
Super Moderator
7,989 Posts
Jime the firmware version I sent to John has the interrogator function built in, so your post is not correct in this instance.
OK, got it. :)

There will be another issue until the lockdown is over and I can get a pack to him to replace the one having the non OEM jumper wire - an issue discussed earlier. This won't prevent him from getting the BCMs to talk to the OBDII C&C asfaik, but the jumper wire will need to be in place to get a cell or two at the end of that pack to read cell voltage correctly.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts